Question

missing speaker.

• 18 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all

my play 5 has disappeared from my system. 
I have tried all of the usual fixes but still nothing 

it works when connected via Ethernet cable so I’m assuming that the WiFi is not working 

can it be fixed? It’s only 4 years old. 
any advice appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ASDriver.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that it can be quite confusing why the Sonos device is not working or connecting to our network. Let me help you out with this.

I would recommend temporarily connecting your Sonos Play 5 to the router via ethernet cable and then check if it appears on the Sonos app.

I would suggest connecting the ethernet cable first before connecting the Play 5 to power. If it appears on the Sonos app allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on with the Play 5.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,