Question

missing products

• 5 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Ever since s2 has arrived my speakers constantly rotating as to which ones are on the network. It changes daily/and throughout the day. Usually it seems like the play 1s and connect amp, separate from the sonos ones and beam...but it’s not limited to that. 

sometimes ‘find missing product’ works, but most often doesn’t. I’m exhausted. 

help!

ive sent the following diagnostics:

2 replies

Quite possibly a weak WiFi signal, or wireless interference around your Sonos devices. Maybe try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4ghz WiFi channel on your router (either channel 1, 6 or 11), ...or better still, consider cabling a single Sonos device to your router (if practicable) to move all your Sonos products over to SonosNet.

If you do decide to opt for SonosNet, which I tend to recommend to family and friends etc; then also do these additional things:

1. Set the SonosNet channel in “Settings/System/Network” of the Sonos App so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router 2.4ghz channel.

One further useful thing I would choose to do, is to add the Sonos IP addresses to your networks' DHCP Reservation Table… this is an optional, but worthwhile, step.

Hopefully that will then resolve your speaker dropout issues.

Quite possibly a weak WiFi signal, or wireless interference around your Sonos devices. Maybe try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4ghz WiFi channel on your router (either channel 1, 6 or 11), ...or better still, consider cabling a single Sonos device to your router (if practicable) to move all your Sonos products over to SonosNet.

If you do decide to opt for SonosNet, which I tend to recommend to family and friends etc; then also do these additional things:

1. Set the SonosNet channel in “Settings/System/Network” of the Sonos App so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen router 2.4ghz pizza hut survey channel.

One further useful thing I would choose to do, is to add the Sonos IP addresses to your networks' DHCP Reservation Table… this is an optional, but worthwhile, step.

Hopefully that will then resolve your speaker dropout issues.

This blog is great check it out