Missing playlists after move to S2

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I recently moved from S1 to S2. None of my playlists from S1 appear in S2. Is there anyway to get them back?

Thanks for any help.

-Rob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What exactly did you do?

if you Upgraded from S1 to S2 then they should be on the new system. Note that the iOS app has a habit of not showing playlists. Verify their existence with a 3rd party app like SonoPad/SonoPhone/Phonos Plus or the Android Sonos app.

If you have both S1 and S2 players, use my app (see profile) to play them from S1 to S2.

If instead you factory reset everything then they are gone forever.

I upgraded per the instructions on the Sonos website. 

When the S2 app failed to find any hardware, the online instructions indicated to reset each speaker and then add them back on S2. Nowhere did anything I read say a word about losing playlists. Not on the Sonos website or any 3rd party site I checked. 

I am not an Apple user so none of the apps you mentioned are in the Google Play store and the Sonos Android S2 app does not show the playlists and never has at any point in this process. 

My system is now completely migrated to S2 and no “S1 only” hardware remains. All the hardware shows on the S2 app.  The S1 app is useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh, your playlists are gone forever, sorry. Shame on whatever “online instructions” told you to factory reset without the warnings that should always go along with that.