Answered

Missing/duplicate BBC podcast episodes

• 7 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Wondering if anyone else has seen this... Trying to listen to "A history of the world in 100 objects" podcast from BBC. Sonos allows me to select the podcast, but although it lists 100 episodes, there are many missing, & others duplicated. If I look at the same podcast in BBC Sounds, Spotify or PocketCast apps they are all correctly shown. Unfortunately I can't use any of those apps to play through Sonos.

Any help appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by James L. 8 March 2021, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @The Quiffster, welcome to the community. 

Sonos doesn’t choose which content is displayed from a particular source, so if anything is missing, the issue lies with either the content provider or the music service in question. I’d recommend reaching out to the BBC and TuneIn to inquire about the missing content.

In regard to using those other apps, if you have Airplay capable speakers and an iOS device, you can Airplay content from the BBC Sounds app to your Sonos system. For Spotify, it has a direct control feature that lets you send music directly from their app to Sonos. You can find out how to use Spotify Connect in this article.