Missing albums, fixed at last

• 5 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
So, I followed the advice, guides and thread replies from over a year ago to no avail. I have rebuilt my files in my nas, and suddenly by chance noticed two particular missing albums out of 7 by that artist were wma lossless. So, I ran them through the j river converter to FLAC, and voila, they are indexed and appear in my music library. I'm sure the sonos compatible file types includes wma files, but in my system they're definitely not. Worth trying if like me you were about to ditch the whole sonos thing out of frustration.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hello Stever750, sorry for the late response. We support WMA files up to a bitrate of 355kbps. For your reference, we have a list of supported file types here.
But maybe the OP looked at the help sheet below, where this could and should be made clearer

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/127/~/sonos-system-requirements
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I agree John B.
Manny S - Why not get the table linked in your post directly copied to the "Sonos System Requirements" page? As it is it is pretty unhelpful for determining which file types can be used.
I agree John B.
Manny S - Why not get the table linked in your post directly copied to the "Sonos System Requirements" page? As it is it is pretty unhelpful for determining which file types can be used.
Yes. In fact a link rather than a copy might be even better. Having two descriptions of the same thing means extra maintenance overhead, and always leads in the end to ambiguity and inconsistency, as it did here.