mDNS name showing up intermittently on one Sonos player

• 20 August 2018
  • 0 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Hi I just have a quick question since I'm not an expert with Networks. Every now and then one of my Sonos devices shows up with a mDNS name whereas the others sonos speakers don't. I have a LAN scanner (lanscan) so as to make it easy when configuring DHCP reservations. While completing a scan I noticed that sometimes one of the players has a mDNS name and I don't know why and just wanted to make sure this wasn't a problem or something more. This morning the Playbase was showing up with the mDNS name. Previously I think I've seen the Play5 also do so. My setup: I have quite a few Sonos speakers >20 for a large multi story house and they all run on sonosnet with dedicated wifi channel 1. They all have DHCP reservations assigned as well. I also use Apple Music (both from Sonos app and Airplay 2) as well as Amazon music (occasionally). Going back to the Playbase..I rebooted it and the name goes away?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.