Hi - I'd like some definitive answers how sonos works. I've had sonos zone players pretty much from day one. Recently I've experience a lot of problems.
I have a zone player in my lounge (Zp90), kitchen (play 5), den - zp100, garage zp100. All but the garage are less than 10 metres from each other (one floor flat).
- My garage kept dropping from the network - turns out it's probably fauly - I've created a thread on it 2 months ago with three bumps, diagnostics, and not one reply. That is now on ebay.
- I've now moved my "den" player to the garage. It works mostly but drops out when it decides to flip from WM:0 to WM:1 I can't stop it doing this.
- My kitchen drops off when I enable 5Ghz on one of my routers.
Today I decided to resolve it by disconnecting my lounge from my lan and forcing the whole thing over to WM:1 (wifi).
I joined the lounge to my main wifi network.
The kitchen then disappeared. I connected it to my secondary wifi network.
The lounge disappeared (garage has been absent now for all of this)
I now renames my secondary wifi to the same name as my primary.
The lounge reappeared. The kitchen dissapeared.
I plugged the kitchen into the lan and it still won't appear - on my desktop pc, APART from it apears on my Androind phone and works, but not on my PC. Garage is still absent. Only lound appears on PC.
Update - I've uninstalled the pC app and reinstalled it, and kitchen now shows in the PC app (god knows why) but...
....now, my main zp is disconnected from the lan. Nothing is connected to the lan, yet this one shows as WM:1 and my kitchen shows as WM:0 - how can it be on WM:0 if nothing is connected to the lan.?
So, some questions.
1) Can it use multiple routers with same SSID and password, on same lan? It shoudl treat them as the same, but does it?
2) If I disconnect ALL devices from cabled lan does that force ALL devices to WM:1?
3) How can I see a player on my phone but not my PC?
4) on my phone I have no music library but I do on my PC - what gives?
5) my CR100 controllers of course do not work now as I'm on wifi. Great.
6) I dont' want to use Sonos net as it doesnt reach my garage reliably whereas wifi does, easily. Amazon dot will play music all the time , no quibbles.
Any advice as I'm getting very close to chucking the lot on ebay. I've spend a lot of money, get no support and when I launch your support page the first thing I'm greeted with is "it is a busy time for us at the moment"... not a great start for a "premium" product. The only saving grace is Sonos seems to fetch a premium on ebay still...
Diagnostics: 8401593 (this of course took two attempts)