Question

MacOS Big Sur - Spotify app won't play on my Sonos Beam

• 15 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m running the Spotify app on macOS Big Sur V 11.1, and when I click the icon to play music on a different device, it lists my Sonos Beam but when I click on it it doesn’t do anything.

The same is true for my iPhone, if I click on the Sonos Beam, it doesn’t work, but if I click on “AirPlay or Bluetooth” and select it, then it works.

Any idea what’s going on here? Is it an issue with Spotify or Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @dropdx, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue with playing Spotify on your Mac. Does it give any error when you play Spotify or just blank? Did it start happening after the Big Sur upgrade or when did it start happening?

Have you tried to remove and readd the Spotify Music Service on the Sonos App to check if that will work? I’ll also ask you to please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.