Answered

Mac start up chime randomly played on sonos one

• 1 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, my sonos randomly turned on and played what sounded like the Mac startup chime/sound three times last night until I unplugged it. A similar thing happened once before a few months back but that time it played out a really loud cracking / white noise type of (rather distressing) sound. Anyone knows what to do about this and why it happens? I’m not connected to a voice assistant. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 July 2021, 00:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Should we assume you don’t have a Mac? Or that your Sonos isn’t connected to a Mac via some sort of line in on another Sonos product?

The next time this sort of thing happens, it’s best if you are to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. The 10 minutes is to ensure that the ‘event” shows up in the details of the diagnostic. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.