Answered

Mac Sonos S1 Controller not connecting anymore

• 5 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello

I have an issue: on my Mac (latest OS) the S1 Controller can't connect anymore to my Sonos Devices. I restarted router, switches, all Sonos devices one by one. I can control them from my Samsung Mobile and from an iPad. I reinstalled on my mac, connected the system but always get the following screen.

Any Idea?

icon

Best answer by bechcncl 6 October 2021, 12:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @bechcncl,

I would first have a look at our FAQ page for troubleshooting when you’re unable to connect to Sonos.

If you’ve followed all the tips there and there’s still no resolution, get in touch with our customer care team via phone or live chat. They have the tools to be able to work with you and figure out what the issue could be.

Hello, I did that and tried it all. I called support this morning. I'm using the same antivirus software since 2 years but over one of the latest updates a block came in. After disabling the antivirus it works again. Working now on finding the port or similar which blocked it. I got a list by Sonos support.

Kind regards

Badge +17

Hello, I did that and tried it all. I called support this morning. I'm using the same antivirus software since 2 years but over one of the latest updates a block came in. After disabling the antivirus it works again. Working now on finding the port or similar which blocked it. I got a list by Sonos support.

Kind regards

Ah wonderful. Would you mind sharing the name of the antivirus software so others might find this thread?

I use McAfee Total Protection. I found the feature. The Firewall must be set to Privat. If that is different Sonos gets blocked.

I am having the same error appear on my iMAC 2020 5G machine (I can access Sonos from iPad and iPhones without problem although unable to access my music library, which resides on my iMAC, from these devices). I am not certain if it began after upgrading to Big Sur or adding some work security protection (ForeScout, Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP),) or something else. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Sonos support and they had no clue except to blame it on my security software and told me to call my IT department, who were not able to figure out any issues or how to let Sonos have access. This clearly is a HUGE issue that Sonos has not been able to resolve or has not tried to resolve. the Sonos support people to whom I spoke had never heard of this issue, which is surprising given how many people are having the same issue.