Answered

Mac controller cannot find speakers

Hi,

I rebooted my WiFi network which consists of the usually B.B. router and I’ve also got Google WiFi plugged into that router.

My sonos speakers (sonos 1, play 1’s, play 5, playbar and sub) were all working fine using the Google NW before the reboot.

I can connect using my IPhone sonos app and everything works ok. However, on my Mac I cannot connect to any speaker using the sonos app. It cannot find any speaker on the WiFi network and before you ask it’s the correct WiFi network.

I’ve followed a few tips but I’m stumped, help!!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 5 June 2018, 16:51

The Mac is hardwired to my router but also using the same WiFi network as it was previously when it was all working, all that has changed is the reboot.

Hi Freak,

Have you checked your Mac's firewall and antivirus settings? These can stop the computer from connecting to the Sonos system and may explain why your mobile controller connects.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Is the mac connect to the 5Ghz network? That could cause issues but it should still work.
The Mac is hardwired to my router but also using the same WiFi network as it was previously when it was all working, all that has changed is the reboot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Freak,

Have you checked your Mac's firewall and antivirus settings? These can stop the computer from connecting to the Sonos system and may explain why your mobile controller connects.