Answered

MAC Address vs. Serial Number on SONOS One

• 24 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a SONOS one and I am trying to connect it to a mycampusnet provider and I need to provide the MAC address in order to add the device to my account but I can't find it all that is on the bottom of the device is a number that is in this format:
1709 ##-##-##-##-E5-02-E

is part of this the MAC address or is there another way I could set up my speaker with this type of WiFi network?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 August 2018, 12:35

The serial number is the MAC address with the trailing -E added in your case. You can see the MAC addresses from the About My Sonos System under Settings (with the trailing -X) on the controller or in your router's DHCP section without the additional letter/number too.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The MAC address that the network will see is the serial number, minus the last character ("-E" in your case).

So it'll be the ##-##-##-##-E5-02 part.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The serial number is the MAC address with the trailing -E added in your case. You can see the MAC addresses from the About My Sonos System under Settings (with the trailing -X) on the controller or in your router's DHCP section without the additional letter/number too.