Mac address on DHCP server for Sonos device is mac address of setup device

• 8 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a very odd issue with the behavior of a couple of Sonos one’s and a couple of Play:1 devices. When I look at the DHCP lease of the devices, I do not see their Mac address listed but rather the Mac address of the device that set them up last. This is causing a number of problems because I need to add a reservation but it fails because there is a different lease with the correct mac address but for another IP address that is not the one that shows up when I look at the devices connected to my wireless. Has anyone seen this behavior? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ICA/Boston, welcome to the Sonos Community!

That certainly does sound strange - mind sharing what devices make up the network? What kind of router you’re using, and if there are any network switches or APs in use?

My instinct is that this is an issue with the router, rather than Sonos specifically - if you reboot the router, are the correct MAC addresses (the serial number of each speaker, minus the last digit) displayed?

Hope this helps :)