Answered

low volume at start of command

• 24 July 2021
  • 3 replies

alexa on Sonos start with very low volume after a command is given, for about 6 seconds then goes up to normal volume. Alway missing to hear the first few seconds of what is playing.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 July 2021, 10:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ashric 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you unplug your Sonos speaker for about half a minute, and try to remove any sources of background noise from the vicinity of the speaker.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Hi. That didn’t work. For example when I ask Alexa through Sonos to play the news or a song Alexa repeat the command at a normal set volume but start the song or everything else at a very low volume and it takes about 4-5 seconds to start going up to the normal set volume.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ashric 

What you’re describing is called Ducking, and is expected behaviour - though it shouldn’t continue past the point where a verbal command has been acted upon.

However, it seems that even when you finish your command and Alexa carries it out, the ducking is still applied to the volume.

Please factory reset your Sonos One. Once done, the app will offer to add it back on to your system - please do so, and add Alexa when prompted.

If this doesn’t help, please get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.