Loudness of play 3 is reduced

• 22 July 2018
  • 4 replies

The volume of my play 3 speaker has reduced and I have to choose a higher setting to achieve the same level as previously. Any reason for this and any advice for solving it please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Noel. Welcome to the community. May I ask if you have True Play enabled on the speaker, whereas you may not have before? If so, please try re-tuning and/or disabling this feature. If this does not prove successful, we would need to dig a little bit deeper. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. Many thanks in advance.
Hi Edward, True Play had been enabled for some time prior to the issue occurring. I will try the steps you suggest and submit a diagnostic if it is still present afterwards. TY
Hi Edward. Problem still present despite following the suggestions you made. I have submitted a diagnostic (ref no: 919844992.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Noel. Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly, the diagnostic did not point out the cause of the issue. Other than what you are reporting, the system looks to be in good working order. At this stage, it may be best to get in touch with our support team via telephone. I suspect there may be an issue with that speaker relating to hardware, this is rarely outlined in the diagnostics. They will be able to advise as to the next steps to take. Please ensure that you (or whoever calls) is close to the system when placing the call. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.