Lost speaker connerction

• 5 October 2017
  • 1 reply

One of my speakers has dropped off and although it appears connected is not appearing on the app. I have moved it closer but it still isn’t appearing. Please help?!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You haven't said what kind of speaker it is, so I'm going to suggest 2 possibilities.

First, it might potentially be a duplicate IP address issue. Unplug all your Sonos devices. Reboot your router. Once the router has come back up, plug in your first Sonos device, and if you have one plugged in to the router, do that one first. Once it is finished booting up, move on to the next Sonos device, and plug it back in. Repeat for as many Sonos devices as you have, then open the app and see if they're all there.

Second, and much less likely, try connecting that speaker to your router with an ethernet cable. See if it shows up in the app. If it does, and wouldn't in the exercise above, there's a chance that there's some sort of hardware fault in the speaker, and you'd be best to run a diagnostic, and call in to Sonos to discuss. You can find numbers and hours for your area at www.sonos.com/contact