Answered

Lost power, surround fell off, app keeps creating new rooms

• 13 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey there, 

A week ago I had to unplug one of the Symfonisk surrounds in my system. Upon plugging it back in, no sound was heard though the other surround continued to function as normal. In the app I had an option to “fix surrounds”, which just told me I had to have two speakers for surround use. 

I reset the errant speaker and it showed up in the app again, in a new room called “Living Room 2” for some reason. Under the System tab in the app, in the Living Room, it shows (+?+RS) with only the Beam listed. If I open the room, it shows the Beam and the Symfonisk (Right) but no left, along with an option to Set up Surrounds. Choosing this option, it tells me that BOTH surrounds are in other rooms and offers to move them to Living Room. OK, did that, then it plays the noise through the Right surround and I tap on it and it tells me it’s adding surrounds and it may take a moment. Five minutes later I get the error, “There was a problem adding surrounds” and tells me to try again. I tried resetting and re-adding the Left surround again, this time it adds it to Living Room 3, moves the Right surround to Living Room 2, and now neither of them work. I’ve repeated the “Set up surrounds” process twice more now, both times it offers to move the speakers to Living Room, and then gives an error after five minutes. 

Where to from here? It seems like something is missing - there’s no option to move those surrounds to another room. Can I just wipe the entire configuration and start over from scratch? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by buzz 13 March 2022, 22:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Reboot BEAM. 

Did that, thanks for the suggestion. 

Now I have the Beam in “Living Room 2 2”, the left surround is in “Living Room”, and now the right surround has disappeared. 

Can I just reset the whole system and start over again? 

Did that, thanks for the suggestion. 

Now I have the Beam in “Living Room 2 2”, the left surround is in “Living Room”, and now the right surround has disappeared. 

Can I just reset the whole system and start over again? 

I would perhaps first try a reboot of the local router, close the mobile App fully and reopen it when the WiFi network is back up and running  - then let us know what Sonos devices/rooms you are then able to see in the ‘Settings/System’ area of the Sonos App.. or screenshot that & post it back here.

The last time I reset my SONOS system and started over (multiple times) was in 2005, before I had figured out what was wrong with my network.

Since you have Factory reset the Symfonisk a few times and things are not going well, I suggest that you power down the Symfonisk units, then rename BEAM if necessary. Now, Factory Reset the Symfonisk units, add them to your system, then set them up as surrounds. As you add the Symfonisk units to your system you’ll need to give them room names, I recommend something unique, such as ‘Smf1’ and ‘Smf2’ because this will avoid the possibility of “Living Room” room name clashes if you reconfigure in the future. The only time that you will see these names is when the Symfonisk units are not part of the surround room.

You can reduce the risk of future problems if you “Reserve” addresses in your router for all regular network clients, such as SONOS units.