Answered

Lost Play 1 from all controllers, cannot add back

• 9 February 2019
  • 5 replies

As above, my kitchen Play:1 was lost from all of my controllers after being plugged out for a few minutes. Nothing I’ve tried will let me add it back, up to and including a factory reset of the speaker. I’m on version 10.0, build 48261220. This happened once before, and at that time I had to set everything up from scratch to resolve it. I’ve tried to send diags, but am getting the message that they cannot be sent at this time.

Any thoughts? Having to reset the whole system every time a speaker is turned off is untenable.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 February 2019, 00:40

Then it may be best if you were to contact Sonos via phone to discuss it. That would give them the opportunity to remote to your system, and potentially see what the issue might be. It could be as simple as a firewall blocking the ability of the Sonos system to reach out through your router....or it could be any of a multitude of other things. Giving them the opportunity to look directly at your system would be a much quicker way than a back and forth here on a forum.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you have any Wireless Range Extenders or Powerline Adaptors in use?
Not being able to send diagnostics is a pretty great indicator that there's an issue somewhere in your wifi/LAN that is keeping the Sonos from reaching out to the servers where those diagnostics get sent.

In addition to Smilja's excellent question, I'd also recommend that you try a simple reboot of your router, followed by a power cycle of all of your Sonos devices, and see if you can then send in a diagnostic.
Do you have any Wireless Range Extenders or Powerline Adaptors in use?

We have a few Powerline adaptors in the house, but the Sonos equipment is all wireless, so I can’t see that being an issue, and no wireless range extenders. Thanks for the reply!
Not being able to send diagnostics is a pretty great indicator that there's an issue somewhere in your wifi/LAN that is keeping the Sonos from reaching out to the servers where those diagnostics get sent.

In addition to Smilja's excellent question, I'd also recommend that you try a simple reboot of your router, followed by a power cycle of all of your Sonos devices, and see if you can then send in a diagnostic.

Hey, thanks. So I don’t have any wireless range extenders and no powerline adaptors that should affect the Sonos equipment, which is exclusively wireless. All kit has been restarted numerous times as I tried to figure out what’s going on, but with no luck, sadly.
Then it may be best if you were to contact Sonos via phone to discuss it. That would give them the opportunity to remote to your system, and potentially see what the issue might be. It could be as simple as a firewall blocking the ability of the Sonos system to reach out through your router....or it could be any of a multitude of other things. Giving them the opportunity to look directly at your system would be a much quicker way than a back and forth here on a forum.