Answered

lost my sound bar

• 11 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Changed routers, lost all 3 devices from Sonos 1 app, nit compatible with 2 app. 2 x amps connected with Ethernet then showed up and converted to wifi - all ok. Sound bar is downstairs, stuck to a walls NR no chance of Ethernet connection and it will not appear. Tried the button press flashing orange light etc but doesn’t find it. Add a product doesn’t find it, etc etc - any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 August 2022, 23:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not enough clarity to really help here. I think what you’re trying to say is you replaced your router, and wired one device, and you have gotten 2 Sonos Amps to show up, but not a PLAYBAR?

What isn’t clear is if you’re using the S1 or S2 app. I think you’re saying that you were able to adjust the SSID on the two Sonos Amps, but as your PLAYBAR never showed up, it is still looking for the old SSID of the router that is no longer hooked up. 

Things will get odd if you’ve updated the Sonos Amps to S2, but the PLAYBAR is still running S1. If that’s the case, you’re going to have to wire the PLAYBAR directly to your router, and also upgrade it to S2, at which point it should pick up the new SSID from the Sonos Amps

However, if everything is still on S1, reconnect one of your Sonos Amps via Ethernet cable, and wait five minutes. Check, using the S1 app, to see if all three devices are showing up. If the PLAYBAR is still missing, try a power cycle, and check a couple of minutes after it boots to see if it is showing up. If so, use the controller to go back in and reset the SSID, which should carry over to all Sonos devices that are showing up in the controller. Once that is done, you can remove that temporary Ethernet cable. 

Thanks for this, I did say it was S1.

I’ve tried most of that but not waiting the 5 mins so I’ll try and come back to you.

After replacing a router, you should reboot EVERYTHING on the network. Failure to do this risks, but does not guarantee, issues such as you are experiencing. If the new router is using the same SSID and password as the old router, network clients may work through the issues over a period of hours or days.