Equipment
Google TV (Chromecast TV)

Samsung 2020 Model QE65

Sonos Arc

Ikea Symfonisk pair as surround

Netflix premium subscription

Precondition

Google TV atmos enable, Samsung TV sound passthrough

Sonos Arc delivering atmos but unable to experience the upward firing speakers most likely due to placement of soundbar. Test Clip: Wandering Earth 1:23:30 on Netflix(electric sparks from the ceiling). Max height sound setting.

Action

Moving around the soundbar to improve the experience of the height sounds.

Unwanted Behaviour

Neither Netflix nor the Sonos app any longer shows the atmos setting. DD+ received instead

Please Help

icon

Best answer by raypratish 17 June 2021, 13:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure you still have a premium Netflix subscription and your Streaming Quality settings are set to High or Auto:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

I would also try unplugging your TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes.

Already there, I lost the atmos just after physically moving the arc around. I will point that out in the question too, thanks :) 

Also performed a power reset :) 

Userlevel 7

Other than unplugging the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes, I would also double check your audio settings on your TV and Chromecast just to make sure nothing changed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Weird. Was anything updated at all between 2 locations? Like firmware update applied? Possibly bandwidth related? Not seeing issue here but not running your exact setup. 

Tried with a different source as compared to the google TV and atmos is working. So effectively, Sonos Arc is ruled out as source of problem. Thread closed