Normally if music is playing across all Rooms, when I unplug the Garden Room, it stops playing but the remainder of the rooms continue - Dining Room is the base Room with the other Rooms added to create a whole house group.
I can now reproduce the following:
- Music is initiated via the Android App across the whole house;
- Unplug Garden Room, music continues on the remainder of the Sonos Rooms for 7-8 secs and then stops;
- Plug in Garden Room Outside and allow to boot & connect;
- Open the Sonos App on Android and touch the Rooms Tab. Error message displayed 'Lost contact with the controller';
- System searches for the Controller, finds it and all rooms are now shown as 'ungrouped';
- Select Dinning Room and initiate music and then add the other rooms in the house - music plays fine until the Garden Room is unplugged again.
Best answer by Ryan S
When you group everything to a player, and then unplug that player, it's kind of expected to have them drop, because that player is the group coordinator. But unplugging a player in the group that isn't the coordinator shouldn't cause the music to stop.
Also, as a matter of housekeeping, I'd suggest removing the SSID you have for your wireless network, since you're using SonosNet, it'd be better to remove the excess credentials. That's not likely to cause this issue at all, or be related, but just a good step to take.