Lost connection to Slacker Radio

I use Slacker radio on a daily basis through my sonos play5's and for the last 3-4 weeks it just stops in the middle of the song and goes to the next one. The controller pops up and says it lost connection then within seconds the song skips.

It was an issue with my old network, so i upgraded to a full Ubiquiti network with an AP Pro and a gateway and i can now see the connection to my speakers is 100%. Every thing else works great but this is getting annoying....is it slackers issue?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I use Slacker radio on a daily basis through my sonos play5's and for the last 3-4 weeks it just stops in the middle of the song and goes to the next one. The controller pops up and says it lost connection then within seconds the song skips.

It was an issue with my old network, so i upgraded to a full Ubiquiti network with an AP Pro and a gateway and i can now see the connection to my speakers is 100%. Every thing else works great but this is getting annoying....is it slackers issue?

Hi dcolongioli,

Welcome to the community. Can you send in a diagnostic report after this happens? If you reply with the confirmation number I can take a look.
Hey Jeff,

Here is one from this morning.....it was doing it a lot then but not seems to have calmed down

Ill redo it after it happens again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey Jeff,

Here is one from this morning.....it was doing it a lot then but not seems to have calmed down

Ill redo it after it happens again.

Your speakers are losing connection to your Ubiquiti network from time to time. This is usually from wireless interference, but the wireless environment looks okay. You can try changing the wireless channel your Ubiquiti system is using. It will likely be best to switch your Sonos system over to Boost mode by wiring in one Sonos unit with an ethernet cable to your Ubiquiti hub. If it's not convenient to wire in a speaker, you can wire in a Sonos Boost instead.
1200737362 is the one it just happened again.

There is no way there is interference....the AP covers a block...the speaker is looking right at the AP 20' away
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
1200737362 is the one it just happened again.

There is no way there is interference....the AP covers a block...the speaker is looking right at the AP 20' away

I would recommend switching over to a Boost setup. This way you can separate the Sonos wireless signals from your Ubiquiti network.
Not that it matter because you gave your recommendation already, but here is another one after it happened. 757496956

Been pretty much flawless over 3 years up until a month ago...happening on 2 different systems, one being Shaws router/ap setup and this entire new one from Ubiquiti. Having to wire the sonos with these setups defeats the purpose of a wireless speaker and if it cant work with what i have set up its a problem on Sono's end.

Thanks Jeff for looking into it.
I've been having this issue as well lately, and it seems to be an issue with Sonos and Slacker. Almost EVERY song is interrupted in the middle and skipped to the next. If the app is running you will see an error that connection to slacker was lost.
However if I switch to Pandora it works flawlessly. I never had these issues with slacker until the last few weeks I believe. No changes to system or network.
I just sent diagnostics report 1472102601
I switched channels on my AP and slacker still skips a lot....got apple music and its been great for 4 days straight now.....so it doesnt look like i need more sonos hardware and my network is fine.....sonos and slacker are not working well together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,

If you're still having trouble connecting to Slacker, please remove the music service from your Sonos app, then add it back. Test it out and send along a diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number if you still have any troubles.
So far so good! Thank you Jeff....even if it did skip once or twice its bearable...working great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So far so good! Thank you Jeff....even if it did skip once or twice its bearable...working great.

It's good to hear things are working. If any issues return, reply with a diagnostic number and I'll take a look.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings