Question

Lost connection to Rhapsody

• 25 June 2014
  • 8 replies

Both yesterday and today I have been unable to use Sonos at all. I keep getting the message 'the connection to Rhapsody was lost'. I have no idea how to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello,

Please try the following troubleshoots to help narrow down the issue:

Reboot your router and test the service again. Unplug your router from power for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in to power. Wait for the network to come back up.Then test again. Please clear your queue and then re-add and test playback. 
Remove and re-add the Rhapsody Service. To do so from your computer, please select: Manage > Service Settings > select Rhapsody > 'Remove' or ' - ' then select 'Add' or ' + ' > Rhapsody and enter your username and password
Test other services on the system. Test Internet Radio and other services to see if you experience the same skipping. 

Please also submit a diagnostic after these tests and after you experience an issue. I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here.
This is the same as many other posts on here and its driving me mad, please help. For the past week, none of our Sonos players have been able to play music from Napster. I am able to browse Napster but when you play the song it will play for around 3 - 5 seconds before I receive the following error message "Unable to play ("Track Name") - Connection to rhapsody was lost" The controller then skips to the next song and does the same thing. I haven’t made any changes to our set-up and I have tried all the different wireless channels with no luck.

I've just sent a diagnostic - confirmation number is: 5388211
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
This is the same as many other posts on here and its driving me mad, please help. For the past week, none of our Sonos players have been able to play music from Napster. I am able to browse Napster but when you play the song it will play for around 3 - 5 seconds before I receive the following error message "Unable to play ("Track Name") - Connection to rhapsody was lost" The controller then skips to the next song and does the same thing. I haven’t made any changes to our set-up and I have tried all the different wireless channels with no luck.

I've just sent a diagnostic - confirmation number is: 5388211

Hi KevLamb, is this still happening? The diagnostics didn't show any obvious cause, so we would need to have a look at the quality/latency of your internet connection when this happens.
I am having the same issues, but with multiple services (Google Play, Rhapsody, etc). I have an office with many users and they are all having trouble.

Diagnostic confirmation is 5526310.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issues, but with multiple services (Google Play, Rhapsody, etc). I have an office with many users and they are all having trouble.

Diagnostic confirmation is 5526310.

Hi spmlsu,

There are many DNS look up errors showing when your Sonos speakers try to connect to online services. It looks like a computer on your local network is acting as a DNS server: 192.168.0.5. This could be the reason why your system can't connect. Usually the DNS server for your home network is your router, which is typically connecting to a server from your ISP or a public DNS server such as GoogleDNS or OpenDNS.

Have you set up a computer on your home network specifically to act as a DNS server? If so you may wish to change it to your router or to a public DNS. Your Sonos system will take its DNS setting from the DHCP server on your router.
Hello I have the same problem. I submitted a diagnostic. The number of it is 7258400. Could you help me please?
Badge +1
Hello I have the same problem. I submitted a diagnostic. The number of it is 7258400. Could you help me please?

Hello EricaF, I can help you with that. After verifying the diagnostic, the first thing I want you to do is to reboot your BRIDGE since it has been on without a reboot for quite a while. To reboot it just unplug it from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Once you are able to see all your Sonos units again, we’ll want to update your system. Just follow the prompts to get the system up to date, go to:

Manage > Check for online updates (on the PC controller)
Settings > Online updates (on a phone controller)

If you’re still experiencing the issue after the update, submit another diagnostic and let me know the confirmation number.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Napster skips songs for me all the time. It worked for 10 years but now it's just so frustrating. Have been in contact wih sonos support for 8 months over this issue!!!! The problem is Napster for sure. I can tel you I have numerous sources for music and they all work flawlessly. Not Napster.

Im switching services because I gave up. Life is short and I want my music without interruptions.

Im also writing up a letter to Napster CEO since I happen to have contacts over there. They really should know what's going on and why people are defecting.