Answered

Lost connection to Apple Music

• 4 November 2017
  • 26 replies

Playing music on Sonos through one of our Apple Music accounts, and it suddenly dropped after an hour or so. Tried rebooting router and Sonos system to no avail. Dropped my Apple Music service, cannot add it back, and checking further cannot use other family members Sonos services. Any ideas? Submitted diagnostic information reference 8044632 if it helps.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 15 November 2017, 01:16

Sorry for the delay everyone. There was an outage on Apple Music that should now be fully resolved. If you're still having any trouble, I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

I’m having the same issue
Same here
Badge
Same issue here with Apple and Amazon music, on connect and connect amp and sound bar, plays 1s. Happened 19 mins ago - rebooted everything with no luck including router and switch. “Song not coded correctly” also pops up Diagnostic 8044664
Same issue here with apple and google play, tune in radio works fine. Any ideas? My error mentions connect lost or cant play, but only in apple music and google play
Badge
Must be a bigger sonos issue. Second this month, very frustrating
Badge
Update - now some of the Apple Music is working, just not consistently , still stops or errors out
Anyone has this problem with google play as well?
Badge
According to other forums Spotify is having the same issue.
Badge
I updated today to 8.1.1 and since then have had nothing but trouble. Both qobuz and apple music are really slow or I get an 'unable to browse music' message.
Same problem here... Apple Music working fine on iPhone and iMac but not through the Sonos kit. Tunein streaming BBC R2 without fault. It's just the Apple Music & Sonos combination, which is not working as it should.

Sonos 8.1.1
Google play not working as well
Badge
Sonos is not seeing all of my iTunes playlists on my iMac. Some are paid downloads, and others cds copied that I own. I have made playlists which don't show up. Running the LATEST version on iMac, iTunes, and Sonos. Very frustrating. Anyone else having same problem?
Badge
Issue appears resolved
Same issue with Apple Musix. Pandora is fine.
Yep. Same as it ever was. Haven’t been able to browse playlists for over a month, and now it won’t connect to Apple Music. I am looking forward to December.
Badge
Aquatic, if resolved, please tell us how. I have literally spent a few hours on this today.
Badge
I stand corrected, I thought it “self corrected”, it is still occurring. Songs skip, connection errors, song “not coded” errors. It still exits - what’s going on? Both in Apple and amazon
Badge
Updated diagnostic 8045725 , cmon Sonos.
Badge
Everything appears to have cleared up on its own, anyone else?
Same problem here
Me too. Yo Sonos - Fix It!! Diagnosis 8071583
Userlevel 1
Fucking Sonos. Pull your head out of your ass
Userlevel 2
Badge
Adding my voice to the chorus. Apple Music not working well at all.
Also having issues with Apple Music. $6000 worth of sonos equipment and I can’t play my playlists ?????! Growing very frustrated.
I’m having the same issues. Music just stopping randomly and a message appearing saying it can find or connect. I have also tried various methods of trying to sort it out without success.
Diagnostic reference 872413
I’ve read lots of us are having problems but I can’t see any resolution from Sonos.... I’m new here so am I missing something here? or do Sonos just let us moan and take no action ???? As I’m actually looking for a solution !!