Answered

Lost all players again

Second time this has happened. My speakers are connected via Boost. Problem occurs after power outage. When I launch app in iphone, none of my speakers show up. I get the “You need to add at least one speaker” screen. The About My System screen shows the Boost. Restarting router and Boost doesn’t solve anything. Forgetting wireless network on my phone doesn’t solve it. Resetting and deleting/reinstalling ios app doesnt work. I have 14 Sonos products at home. Reconnecting them isn’t really my first, second, or third choice. I've done that the first time this happened. Oh, and the kicker? My ipad and desktop Sonos app has the speakers showing up like nothing happened. Help, please!
icon

Best answer by Frustrated Sonos 3 July 2018, 17:43

I discovered what was happening. The speakers were connecting to wifi after the power outage instead of connecting to Boost. So my app was only seeing the Boost and no players. For some reason my ipad and desktop apps could still see the speakers even though they switched to wifi instead of Boost. What i did was to shut down the router while leaving Boost powered on for some time. This forced speakers to link with Boost. Crazy
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'm having the exact same problem. EXACT.
Looking at my Sonos app on ipad it seems that the last line “WM: 1” should be “WM: 0” for Boost. Does this mean that the speakers somehow is running via wifi and not via Boost?! I’m gonna scream if I have to manually reconnect to Boost the entire system
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Looking at my Sonos app on ipad it seems that the last line “WM: 1” should be “WM: 0” for Boost. Does this mean that the speakers somehow is running via wifi and not via Boost?! I’m gonna scream if I have to manually reconnect to Boost the entire systemPlease would you clarify what you are seeing in About My Sonos System? Are you only seeing the Boost and not the speakers, and the Boost says WM:1? If so, please get one of your other Sonos devices and wire it to the router, and power off the Boost. Wait a couple of minutes and look in About My Sonos System again.

Apologies if I have misunderstood - but I am wondering if the Boost has been affected by the power problems.
I discovered what was happening. The speakers were connecting to wifi after the power outage instead of connecting to Boost. So my app was only seeing the Boost and no players. For some reason my ipad and desktop apps could still see the speakers even though they switched to wifi instead of Boost. What i did was to shut down the router while leaving Boost powered on for some time. This forced speakers to link with Boost. Crazy

You can go into the setting and remove the WiFi credentials, they are not needed for Boost setup. That will prevent the players from reverting back to WiFi setup if the Boost is not there.