lost all connection to devices

• 12 June 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Alright - these things are an absolute nightmare to reconnect. Good lord do I not need all these dumb bells and whistles I just want to watch tv with some sound.

had a power surge and lost power the other night and now everytime I turn on the tv the soundboard is dead/off. I have to unplug it everytime to get sound. Everytime I open the app it’s just a spinning wheel of reloading until it tells me they can’t detect the device. I’m on the correct wifi channel, I’ve restarted the modem the router I’ve moved the Ethernet port of the Sonos base or whatever absurd name it is for basically just being a signal booster and I’ve restarted the sound bar. The closest I get to reconnecting every time is when the app asks me to join the “Sonos WiFi” and shockingly since there is no Sonos wifi the connection fails. I’ve tried to factory reset and get to this point again. I’ve deleted and redownload the app and still get to this point. I just want to watch tv. 

I’m one day away from unplugging this thing and either getting my money back or tossing it out a window and buying a sound bar I can just plug into a tv and doesn’t need all this extra stuff. Absolute shame as I’ve loved the product and would recommend it but the process to reconnect after one tiny power outage (despite it being fine after plenty of outage over the years) is just comical 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

We cannot rule out hardware failure.

I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset. As you have discovered it is unlikely that Factory Reset will correct this sort of issue.

I also suggest that you shut down EVERYTHING on your network and restart in the following order:

Modem, if any
Router
WiFi access points, if any
Network switches, if any
Wired SONOS components
Wireless SONOS components
NAS drive, if any
Everything else

Wait for each step to complete before moving to the next step.

If that “Sonos base or whatever” is a SONOS BRIDGE, assume that its power supply has failed until proven otherwise. If you can wire another SONOS player, remove power from BRIDGE as a test.

I also suggest that you submit a diagnostic if the above does not straighten things out. Post the confirmation number here or contact SONOS support and give the confirmation number. SONOS staff has access to the diagnostic data.