Answered

lost a speaker - found it and lost the rest

• 20 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I lost the kitchen speaker - followed the in app support and found it, only to then lose all the rest. Followed the in app support again but can’t find rest of the speakers. Quite frustrating. Can anyone help with an answer, please. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 July 2021, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A good place to start would be powering down all Sonos devices, rebooting the router and controllers, then powering your Sonos back up one at a time, if any are wired do them first.

If that works you may have a problem similar to several of us here where the addressing gets confused. If you use the router’s DHCP settings to assign static/reserved addresses it should not happen again.

Thank you. 

I followed your instructions but then found that by hardwiring one speaker to the router I was able to re-establish connection across the whole system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If problems persist, please tell us which router you are using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thank you. 

I followed your instructions but then found that by hardwiring one speaker to the router I was able to re-establish connection across the whole system.

That moved all your Sonos off your home WiFi and put them on SonosNet using the wired Sonos to talk to the router. If it was a WiFi issue it should be solved, if not at least you eliminated a few possibilities.