Answered

Lost A Room On the Sonos App

• 15 December 2014
  • 144 replies

Hi, I went on my phone and went on to the Sonos App , i went down to click T Bedroom and it wasn't there. It completely has disappeared and I can't listen to my music through Sonos. It has always worked as I always listen to music in my room. Do you know how I add my room back in? What is the problem? 
icon

Best answer by Edward R 21 June 2019, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the diagnostic report, Oliver22.This report only shows two devices that are wireless. Perhaps a few more details of whats going on could be helpful. What Sonos device is missing? What color is the LED when you plug it into power? Much appreciated.
Hi Keith.

The device is a play:5 Second Generation, the light is solid white. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. At the time of the diagnostic report, was the PLAY:5 plugged into the router via Ethernet? If it was not plugged in, please submit another diagnostic report with the PLAY:5 plugged into the router. Additionally, can you tell me a little more about your local network? What is the make and model of your router?
Hi Keith.

I have submitted a new diagnostics with the ID: 8070257. The Paly:5 was now connected via cable. The router is a technicolor 789 VAC. Does that help?

Thanks
Oliver
hi,
2 rooms were missing from my controller. After fussing around sonos asked to register my connect. I did and one room appeared on the controller. The tv room which has the play bar and 2 connect 3 speakers is still missing. Can you help?
diagnostic number is 8071991
problem is resolved. What a pain in the ass. Seems that I had to link these components to my account even though I had them for years. Why now and why not some kind of notification or instructions. two weeks ago i could not access my library. Spent a couple hours figuring that out now this weird linking of devises. STOP with the updating of software!! Seemed fine to me before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Oliver22. Thanks for the fresh diagnostic report. I was able to determine that we will need to replace your PLAY:5 due to a faulty wireless card. Please send me a PM with the following details and we can talk about how to get you back up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Full Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:
Lost a room too. Rebooted router and the affected PLAY:1, but no change. Diagnostic: 8097925. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
fromjoel: Thanks for the diagnostic report. Based on the result, I would recommend giving our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. It seems the PLAY:5 you have is showing signs of a faulty wireless card. This would explain why your PLAY:1 is not showing up. If you give us a call we can take care of the PLAY:5 and walk you through getting the PLAY:1 to be functional at the same time.

Our contact information can be found here.
Userlevel 2
I am having the same issue - on my Mac I am missing one of the Kitchen Sonos Play 3 speakers and on my Apple IOS app I only show 1 Kitchen Play 3 speaker and am missing the Kitchen speaker and the two Living Room speakers. Diagnostics number is 8102297
Hi lvnt, welcome to the community. Can you temporarily wire in that missing player to your router with Ethernet cable? Make sure the light flashes white for a minute or so and then goes to solid white. That's what you should see for normal operation. Once you get that white light, check on the app to see if the room has appeared. If not, try adding it again by following the menu under Settings > Add a Player or SUB. If you ever manage to get the speaker showing again, please send us a diagnostic at that point and reply here with the number you get.

If you cannot get it to appear, or the lights are not doing what you expect, you may want to try a factory reset on it. If that works, try to add it in again. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Tom, is there anything to do here? It's very frustrating not to be able to use the play1. It's a very expensive paperweight just now... Again upon pairing, the app sees it with the appropriate SN (MAC address) then when I press the two buttons there's a deep dongding,the light goes blinking orange, and then nothing, shortly I'm back to blinking green.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
chathamtri: Understood. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I notice you are using a Google WiFi Router. When trying to set up Sonos in a Standard wireless configuration on a Google WiFi network, I have found the best success working with a technician over the phone. One of the challenges with wireless on Google WiFi is that the channels automatically change. This can cause havoc for Sonos. When you get on the phone with a technician they should be able to help get your system in a more stable configuration. Our contact information can be found here.

lvnt: Here was my last reply to you.
After pressing the two buttons the flashing orange LED is normal. This means it is trying to communicate with your network and get an IP address (as noted here). What we are more interested in is what the Sonos application is doing after the button press. Does the screen stay at the press the two buttons step or does it say "Connecting..." and then fail?

As you'd assume, these outcomes tell us different things about where in the handshake process things went awry. Thanks in advance.

If you are still having troubles after this much time has passed, I would recommend giving our technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. We want to respect your time and get this PLAY:1 working as expected. On the phone, they can go over the steps in a remote session with you on a local computer. Thanks.
I am having the same problem with my Play 5 on my account. I have factory reset my speaker. I have re added the speaker. I have reset my modem. I have reset my controller. I have called repeatedly and not gotten through to technical support. Can you please help with this issue?

Diagnostics number: 8139632
Hi,

I've also lost two rooms.
My Setup is as follows:
- One Play:Bar ("Livingroom") -> Linked to Ethernet
- Two Play:1 ("Gartenzimmer" and "Jakob")
- Two Play:3 paired as Stereo (named "Kitchen")
- One Sonos One (named "One")

Had a party today,
- grouped Livingroom and Kitchen
- first, Livingroom started turning off and on, while it was showing on the App, while Kitchen kept playing
- after 15 Minutes, the "Kitchen" (and the "One" - but not used) were lost from the App, Kitchen kept playing
- then, music from "Kitchen" stopped
- stopped all Sonos Apps and restarted them several times (also later) w/o success
- Restarted the Router (Speedport W725V) twice, w/o success
- Climbed up on the kitchen counter while the guests were there to pull the plugs from the Play:3's - no success
- Changed channels on both Sonos and Router, no succes

Sent Diagnostics as 8199385

I really need you to fix this. Though it sucks that my party had to go withouth music...

PS - perhaps when sending the diagnostics, one of the kitchen players was still unplugged...
I lost my play 5, diagnosis 8239024
Hi Sonos team,

Same issue here. Tried rebooting and changing the WiFi channel on boost. Living room (play 5) is not showing up after it had worked for about a year without any issues. Diagnostics number is 8380347.

Thank you for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hopefully Sonos sees your diagnostic. Sometimes its hard to see at the end of a 5 page thread.

If you take the Play:5 to your router and plug it up via Ethernet - does it come up then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Manuel Gemperli: Thanks for the diagnostic report. Please plug the PLAY:5 into the router via Ethernet and resubmit your diagnostic report. I'll be happy to give next steps. Thanks in advance.
Thank you, Chris and Keith! Once I’m back home I will try that and let you know what happens.
I tried plugging the play:5 into the router via Ethernet and it worked. I submitted a diagnostic report while I had it plugged in. The number is 8387808. As soon as I unplugged it the player disappeared again.
I am having the same issue my number is 8398016
Same issue here. Today is the third time and rebooting hasn't worked. My confirmation number is: 8414040.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Manuel Gemperli: Thanks for the diagnostic report. Please send me a PM with the following information. It seems we will need to replace this device due to a failing wireless card. Thanks!

First / Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

rgraper: This diagnostic report shows the PLAY:5 functioning on wireless. However, I see that you are currently using extenders to connect to the network. Can you tell me a little more about your local network? What is the make and model of your router and access point?

JodiHummer: Based on what I am seeing on the diagnostic report, the PLAY:5 is missing from the network. Would you mind plugging the PLAY:5 directly into the router using an Ethernet cable? Afterwards, please submit another diagnostic and I will be happy to take a look.
Hi,

Same issue here:
Number is 8463637

Tried with ethernet cable via apple airport and wireless via apple airport
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, vontura. Thanks for the diagnostic report and for posting. I can only see a problem with the BRIDGE accessing the outside network. Could you tell me what is physically nearby the BRIDGE unit? I understand that you are using an Apple AirPort, however, according to the diagnostic report, IP addresses are assigned from a ZTE router. Are you able to access that device?

Thanks!