Answered

Lost A Room On the Sonos App

• 15 December 2014
  • 144 replies

Hi, I went on my phone and went on to the Sonos App , i went down to click T Bedroom and it wasn't there. It completely has disappeared and I can't listen to my music through Sonos. It has always worked as I always listen to music in my room. Do you know how I add my room back in? What is the problem? 
icon

Best answer by Edward R 21 June 2019, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I am now getting a similar issue. I have a surround sound setup (Playbar, Sub and 2 Play:1s) and the room just disappears. I have two other rooms that work flawlessly.

Looking into it it seems that the Playbar is the component that keeps disappearing making the whole room unavailable. I have even tried to connect the Playbar directly to the sub to see if that helps, but sadly not. I just have to unplug and reconnect daily.

I have submitted diagnostic no 6803342.

Hi AMR1,

It looks like your PLAYBAR has lost its IP address. Usually rebooting your router and PLAYBAR helps get things communicating again. Please try that and let me know how it goes.
Hi Jeff, I've had a go at what you suggested. The result it the same as usual. As I say all other Sonos components (actually absolutely everything else that needs wifi) that I have seems to be working fine. Could there be something wrong with the Soundbar? The issue is making 5-off of my Sonos devices unusable reliably.

I have submitted a new diagnostic no 6810054.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Jeff, I've had a go at what you suggested. The result it the same as usual. As I say all other Sonos components (actually absolutely everything else that needs wifi) that I have seems to be working fine. Could there be something wrong with the Soundbar? The issue is making 5-off of my Sonos devices unusable reliably.

I have submitted a new diagnostic no 6810054.

Hi AMR1, I have reviewed your diagnostic. I found some sync errors. Is your system still experiencing the same problem? If yes, the best would be to contact us by phone a Sonos agent will be able to remotely connect to your system and check both our network and Sonos. Let us know how it goes.
Hi Jeff. I did get in touch by phone and after running some diagnostics the agent said it was down to a router issue. My BT Homehub 6 apparently has issues around IP allocation which strangely only affects one (the Playbar, or a couple of) Sonos component (note: the rest of my devices are working better than ever). They told me to get in touch with BT to downgrade to an earlier modem - which was a little disappointing. Since then I found this: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56287/~/what-is-the-wireless-mode-feature-on-my-bt-smart-hub%3F

It suggests switching to Mode 2 for devices which "sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features" which is what this sounds like.

Things seem to be working better for now at least. I'll post more news is there is any.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi, happy to hear the system is working better. And thanks for sharing your findings .
If you don't mind, could you keep us up to date on how the PLAYBAR and the Sonos system is doing in the next couple days?
Thanks.
Tom B i exchsnged faulty connect for a new one but now new connect is doing the same: disappperIng and appearing again only after power off and on again. I submitted diagnostic code 6852507. Let me know what is it this time... one more thing. After some time the white light bearly lights up like there was no power...
Hi Max, so a few days on and I'm still experiencing the Playbar drop off issue that has been ongoing. Possibly less often since I enabled the legacy support option on the router, but it is still happening.

Do you have any thoughts on what to try next?
Badge
Help. I have lost one device too, but only on one PC controller.
Working okay on both my other Windows laptops. I tried re-setting the controller but no luck.
Can anyone give me any advice?
Userlevel 1
I have lost a player - tried reboot and also router reboot but no joy - my diagnostics number is 6970390.
diagnostic 7023758.
have 2 players which disappeared yesterday. a play 5 (gen2) and a play 1.
have rebooted router and changed channel from 1 to 11.
both players are showing solid white light.
why is this system SO unreliable.
Userlevel 2
I've lost two of our rooms from our system. Both of them are on the main floor, but one of them is sub+playbar and 2 1s. The diagnostic number is 7064103. Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Tom B i exchsnged faulty connect for a new one but now new connect is doing the same: disappperIng and appearing again only after power off and on again. I submitted diagnostic code 6852507. Let me know what is it this time... one more thing. After some time the white light bearly lights up like there was no power...
Unfortunately, that diagnostic isn't in our database. Can you please recreate the issue, then submit a fresh one? Thanks in advance.

Hi Max, so a few days on and I'm still experiencing the Playbar drop off issue that has been ongoing. Possibly less often since I enabled the legacy support option on the router, but it is still happening.
Do you have any thoughts on what to try next?

We can certainly advise, however, we do require a diagnostic to be able to do this. Please submit a diagnostic and provide the confirmation number. Thank you.

Help. I have lost one device too, but only on one PC controller.
Working okay on both my other Windows laptops. I tried re-setting the controller but no luck.
Can anyone give me any advice?

As with the above, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number.

I have lost a player - tried reboot and also router reboot but no joy - my diagnostics number is 6970390.
Can you please bring it more nearby the router, try adding it in via the Settings menu (ignoring the suggestions as to what the lights should be doing), then press the buttons when prompted and see if this adds in. If it does, you can then move it back to where it is normally used. If not, please let us know.

diagnostic 7023758.
have 2 players which disappeared yesterday. a play 5 (gen2) and a play 1.
have rebooted router and changed channel from 1 to 11.
both players are showing solid white light.
why is this system SO unreliable.

Interference on the BRIDGE will invariably cause reliability issues. Please distance it from your router by about 1-2 feet, being sure not to place it nearby anything else electronic or wireless enabled. Then, reboot all of your other devices. Furthermore, the distance between your BRIDGE and lounge device, as well as the distance from the other devices back to the Lounge and BRIDGE, looks to be quite significant... Or perhaps segregated by thick walls...? Can you please give us an idea of the layout?

I've lost two of our rooms from our system. Both of them are on the main floor, but one of them is sub+playbar and 2 1s. The diagnostic number is 7064103. Any ideas?
The massive peaks of interference being registered on every single device is the likely culprit. Every time this happens, it causes disruption across the whole of your Sonos system. Do you have anything that is ubiquitous in the household? A security system, WiFi enabled heating, or lighting? Anything else that comes to mind?
I have the same issue. I have 3 rooms set up and they have been working fine for over a year and a half. I made no changes to anything and last week one room dropped out and this week 2 rooms are gone. I have rebooted both speakers and the connect unit and nothing. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7089865
I too am having a similar issue. I have three sons products linked to my account, but one of my play1 players as completely disappeared from my app. I have tried a hard reset and rebooted my internet rooter, but still no luck. Diagnostic number 7091590. Thanks
We have the same issue. Installed a new router and after that our play 1 wont reconnect. Diagnostic confirmation number 7092611
I lost one of my three rooms recently after 3 years, and 3 months after the most recent reconfiguration. I rebooted all connects and routers. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7095938.
Userlevel 2
The massive peaks of interference being registered on every single device is the likely culprit. Every time this happens, it causes disruption across the whole of your Sonos system. Do you have anything that is ubiquitous in the household? A security system, WiFi enabled heating, or lighting? Anything else that comes to mind?

The main difference is I've added 3 Eeros for my network. Also, until yesterday I was still running my Sonos Connect. I dealt with the issue by just readding all of the rooms again, and they haven't dropped yet. However, even though I can stream music to any of the rooms, this week the alarm has failed to start for any rooms. I would assume this would be the same issue.
Userlevel 2
Sorry, that was my BRIDGE I disconnected, and not a CONNECT.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I have the same issue. I have 3 rooms set up and they have been working fine for over a year and a half. I made no changes to anything and last week one room dropped out and this week 2 rooms are gone. I have rebooted both speakers and the connect unit and nothing. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7089865
This looks mostly like high interference on the BOOST. This is going to affect it's ability to connect to the rest. Follow the instructions on this article and then restart the dropped rooms at the power.

I too am having a similar issue. I have three sons products linked to my account, but one of my play1 players as completely disappeared from my app. I have tried a hard reset and rebooted my internet rooter, but still no luck. Diagnostic number 7091590. Thanks
Your network and WiFi look to be okay. I would try that factory again, following these steps and try to add the player in a location in which you are certain the WiFi signal is strong. I can't see any wireless extenders or boosters there, but if you do have them, it's a good idea to switch them off while trying this. If that does not work, then it would be best to call our support line.

We have the same issue. Installed a new router and after that our play 1 wont reconnect. Diagnostic confirmation number 7092611
Try just restarting the PLAY:1 at the power. If that doesn't help,can you try connecting the PLAY:1 directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and then sending us a new diagnostic with it like this?

I lost one of my three rooms recently after 3 years, and 3 months after the most recent reconfiguration. I rebooted all connects and routers. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7095938.
Is this player connected by Ethernet cable? If it is, please describe your network and what it connects to. You may want to try a reset on it and see if it will add back in via the 'Add a Player or SUB' menu under Settings in the app.Please send us a new diagnostic and reply here with the number if you manage to get it added back in. Otherwise, we may need to get you on the phone to investigate this in more detail. You can find our contact details for your region at www.sonos.com/contact

Sorry, that was my BRIDGE I disconnected, and not a CONNECT.
With the BRIDGE out, the system will be connecting in a very different way; you may have configured it to join the Eero system. Send us a new diagnostic if you've had any more trouble now the BRIDGE is out. Please reply back here with the number if you need us to look at it.
Hi, i've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948
I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello melbourne_massive & SDS,

Hi, I've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948

After reviewing your diagnostic report, I can see the left side of the stereo pair in the Kitchen has lost it's IP address from the router. Commonly power cycling a player should allow it to re-engage your home's router and acquire an IP address which will enable it to start communicating with your network. The other item I noticed is that you have your home's wireless network information loaded into Sonos which is not needed. When the player comes back online follow the steps below from your Android device to remove the network information.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup > Reset

Please feel free to follow back up with a diagnostic report for review if the steps I mentioned do not resolve the issue

I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210

I was able to see you reached out to our Customer Care Center by phone for assistance. If you are still in need of any help, please let us know.
Same problem, lost one speaker. Have unplugged and rebooted router with no luck. Diagnostic 7494887
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, thekateowen. Welcome to the community. The issue is quite clear, you are using multiple WiFi access points which can cause a range of issues. Please see here for advised fixes. Thanks.
Hello, I am having the same issue all of a sudden and my diagnostic number is 7570596. I have a Play 1,3,5 and all of a sudden the 3 keeps disappearing. Twice now. The 1 has been stopping music suddenly today as well. All has been seamless until now. Thanks!