Answered

Lost A Room On the Sonos App

• 15 December 2014
  • 144 replies

Hi, I went on my phone and went on to the Sonos App , i went down to click T Bedroom and it wasn't there. It completely has disappeared and I can't listen to my music through Sonos. It has always worked as I always listen to music in my room. Do you know how I add my room back in? What is the problem? 
icon

Best answer by Edward R 21 June 2019, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
The closest unit is just a connect box and is approx 15 metres apart, it was showing and working but has disappeared. I have tried removing power and adding but keeps saying it has already been set up, can I get into back to green light and start again? Thx

There is a unit showing in your diagnostic report which has no IP address. This may be the missing unit. It has a very weak wireless connection to the Kitchen and Lounge units. Is it possible to move the missing unit closer? Try that and see if the missing unit reappears. If so, it may be a range issue.
It's reappeared but the speaker connection is to far away, is there a way of boosting the signal between the boxes? Thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's reappeared but the speaker connection is to far away, is there a way of boosting the signal between the boxes? Thx

Each Sonos unit sends out a signal, so you can use a Sonos unit in between to provide a wider coverage. If you don't have an extra speaker you would like in that area, you can use a BIRDGE or a BOOST instead.
Ok thank u
Hello! Lost my bedroom last week. My diagnostic is 6159950. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
My diagnostic is 6159950. Thanks!

The diagnostic show that bedroom isn't connected, is the LED on? Does it often pop back in the app? If so also submit a diagnostic from the moment it is connected. What is the range between the bedroom player and the other players?
It initially was in and out but now it is been out for a while. The LED light continues to blink green. My diagnostic code now is 6177657
It initially was in and out but now it is been out for a while. The LED light continues to blink green currently. My diagnostic code now is 6177657
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It initially was in and out but now it is been out for a while. The LED light continues to blink green currently. My diagnostic code now is 6177657

Hi Jpro22,

Your diagnostic report shows that there is wireless interference causing communication errors between your Sonos units. This is probably why your unit dropped from the system. As your previous diagnostic didn't show much interference, it's possible that your home router is set to automatically switch channels. We recommend disabling this option and setting your router's wireless channel to a channel different than that of your Sonos system.

You can change the Sonos wireless channel, here's how.

Once you've changed your wireless channels, try to add the missing player back to your system by following this guide.
That worked! Thanks!
Hi, I had issues a month ago, finally got round to adding a boost, got everything working and been listening to music tonight, room has just dropped again ☹️ Diagnostics 6253990 thx Julie
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I had issues a month ago, finally got round to adding a boost, got everything working and been listening to music tonight, room has just dropped again ☹️ Diagnostics 6253990 thx Julie

Hi Julie,

It looks like your missing Sonos unit is communicating wirelessly with the rest of your system but it does not have a valid network address. This may be due to the weak signal strength of the connection. How far away from the next nearest Sonos unit is your missing unit? It may help to move that speaker closer to the rest or to look nearby for third party wireless devices which could interfere with the signal. If any such device is near or in between your missing unit and another Sonos speaker, try moving that device away and see if it helps.
Hi
I have the same issue. Keep loosing Sonos 3. I can cut power a few times, and it is usually found again, but usally disapeares again within 10 min.
Diagnostics code: 6322295.

/Lars
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi
I have the same issue. Keep loosing Sonos 3. I can cut power a few times, and it is usually found again, but usally disapeares again within 10 min.
Diagnostics code: 6322295.

/Lars

Hi Lars,

It looks like there are a few wireless networks in range on the same channel as your home network. This may be the reason your Sonos units aren't staying connected wirelessly. Please try changing your home router from wireless channel 11 to 1. Let me know if that doesn't help.
Hi, I have the same issue. Works again if I reboot router but would very much like to solve this permanently :)
Diagostics 6333067. Thx.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I have the same issue. Works again if I reboot router but would very much like to solve this permanently :)
Diagostics 6333067. Thx.

Hi Tagreners,

Your Sonos units are sometimes losing their IP addresses. Rebooting your router likely frees up those IPs again and allows your Sonos system to reconnect. Please check your router's DHCP pool and make sure there are enough available in the IP range. Sometimes routers have by default a small number of IPs available to assign. Also, if you have an IP address reservations set up, please check these as there may be IP conflicts from time to time.
Hi!
My brand new router (Asus RT-AC87U) has a DHCP pool ranging from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 - e.g. 253 IPs, and I don`t have any reservations.
This issue only involves my 2 Sonos 5 (new model) - none of the others - Sonos 1 and Sonos 3.......
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi!
My brand new router (Asus RT-AC87U) has a DHCP pool ranging from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 - e.g. 253 IPs, and I don`t have any reservations.
This issue only involves my 2 Sonos 5 (new model) - none of the others - Sonos 1 and Sonos 3.......

Hi Tagreners,

It would be best to continue troubleshooting over the phone. I've created a support ticket for you: 160707-001179. Please give us a call and we'll help out. You can find our phone number here.
I'm having the same problem - Diagnostic number 6412315
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same problem - Diagnostic number 6412315

Hi Jma1987,

There's some wireless interference showing up which is probably why your speaker isn't connecting properly. It is communicating with your other Sonos units, but not well enough to keep its network address. Please start by changing the Sonos wireless channel, here's how.

It may also help to reboot your router and missing Sonos unit. This should cause the speaker to get a new network address. To reboot your speaker just remove it fro power for ten seconds or so.
I got similar problem. Connect will not show up in my controller though it bots (flashing white light) and then has steady white light. Room with connect in it will not show up in the controller app. Support code is 6624088
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi MichalSzl1, welcome to the Sonos community. Can you try restarting your TP-Link router by removing the power cable for 20 seconds? It looks like your other players have had problems authenticating with the access point, and I would guess perhaps the CONNECT has had the same problem but worse. If the CONNECT does not re-appear after the router reboot, connect it to the back of the router via Ethernet cable and send us a new diagnostic.
Hi Tom, I reset connect to factory detail and added back to the system. Still after 30min playing musinc from line in source the romm where connect is set up dissappears. i need to unplug power cable and boot connect back. 2/3 times it works. other 1/3 i nned to wait some 15-30min to get this room back. I just did boot of connect. it is playing music nw and i have just submitted diagnostics no 6630347.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thanks for getting us that diagnostic. It looks like this CONNECT actually has a problem with it's internal memory and we should replace it as it will not be reliable for you. I've made a case for you using the email address you registered to the community. The incident number is 161012-000697. Please give us a call on our support number and quote that number to your technician. You can find our number at www.sonos.com/contact
Hi, I am now getting a similar issue. I have a surround sound setup (Playbar, Sub and 2 Play:1s) and the room just disappears. I have two other rooms that work flawlessly.

Looking into it it seems that the Playbar is the component that keeps disappearing making the whole room unavailable. I have even tried to connect the Playbar directly to the sub to see if that helps, but sadly not. I just have to unplug and reconnect daily.

I have submitted diagnostic no 6803342.