Answered

Lost a PLAY 5 connection, cant reconnect.

• 11 April 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a Playbar, Sub, and 2 Play 5s all in one room. Playbar is connected to TV via digital optical. Whole setup has ran fine on my Wifi for months( everything less than 20ft from modem and router). I believe someone unplugged one of the play 5s ( done it before and reconnected w no issues) and i cannot get it to connect again. Ive tried rebooting the router ( even though nothing has changed with Wifi passwords or any of that), I tried the factory reboot on the one Play 5 that wont connect. Keep getting errors when it tries to connect. PLEASE help. Diagnostic code:151929124.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 11 April 2018, 02:18

Thanks, beron999. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems we will need to replace this unit due to faulty internal hardware. That being said, please send me a PM with the following information and I will be happy to get your sorted.

First and Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

Thanks for your patience on this so far.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try taking the other Play:5 or Sub that you didn't factory reset and plug into router via Ethernet. Does whole system (less the one you factory reset) come up then?
Tried plugging the one play 5 into router via ethernet. When i hit "about my sonos system" i still only get playbar ,sub , and one of the play 5s.... The play 5 that wont connect has a solid white light. When i try to add surrounds i press the button on the back as instructed and it just blinks orange , recieve a wont connect error, and then goes back to solid white
Ok plugged the disconnected speaker to router via ethernet. Now the speaker is recognized in "about my sonos system" and is showing up as an unused speaker in my TV room. It prompts me to " add missing surround speaker" and still get an error. Cant connect..ugh anything?
When i plug it in via ethernet the speaker is recognized. I set up surround left and right and both work, then it says "making both speakers work together as stereo pair, this may take a few minutes" it spins a few minutes then i get an error. As soon as i unplug it from ethernet it goes unrecognized again...do i need a new speaker??? How?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, beron999. With the problematic PLAY:5 plugged into the router with an Ethernet cable, please submit another diagnostic report. Be sure to reply here with the confirmation number. Then, I can get a closer look at the error logs and advise on next steps. Thanks!
Thanks. Again it looks connected and error free when plugged in no audio coming out though. Here is the diagnostic with it plugged into router via ethernet: 1427131360
The problem speaker is the PLay 5 Left speaker ( LS) im getting audio out of the whole system and right play 5 speaker
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, beron999. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems we will need to replace this unit due to faulty internal hardware. That being said, please send me a PM with the following information and I will be happy to get your sorted.

First and Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

Thanks for your patience on this so far.
Thanks @Keith N PM sent