loss of audio between tv, playbar and amp

• 17 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Setup. 

samsung TV connected via optical to playbar. 
playbar connected to wifi

playbar grouped with sonos new amp which runs two ceiling speakers and a non sonos amp to provide pseudo surround sound. 

When I play the tv all audio works fine however frequently the audio on the amp cuts out for several seconds and sometimes longer. 

I have tried setting up the amp as the rear surround speakers but then I cannot use the non sonos amp  

I need to understand why audio from the tv to the playbar (via optical cable) keeps losing connection to the amp  

Diagnostics number 1336846924

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Are any of your Sonos speakers connected to your router with an ethernet cable? Have you tried rebooting your router or unplugging the Amp from power for about a minute?

Note that the Amp connects to the PLAYBAR (or any Sonos sound bar, for that matter) using a 5Ghz channel. Because it is a radio connection, it can be subject to wifi interference of various types, including other electrical (non WiFi and normal WiFi) devices near the speakers. 

I am totally confused as to how a Sonos Amp and a non-Sonos amp fit into this setup.

Is the Amp (+ceiling speakers) really grouped with the Playbar, and not set up as surrounds?

Sorry if I’m being dumb.

Setup. 

samsung TV connected via optical to playbar. 
playbar connected to wifi

playbar grouped with sonos new amp which runs two ceiling speakers and a non sonos sub to provide pseudo surround sound. 

When I play the tv all audio works fine however frequently the audio on the amp cuts out for several seconds and sometimes longer. 

I have tried setting up the amp as the rear surround speakers but then I cannot use the non sonos sub 

I need to understand why audio from the tv to the playbar (via optical cable) keeps losing connection to the amp  

Diagnostics number 1336846924

Are any of your Sonos speakers connected to your router with an ethernet cable? Have you tried rebooting your router or unplugging the Amp from power for about a minute?

Yes. The amp is connected via an Ethernet cable. Ironically sonos support had me take it out and run it on WiFi!

Yes. The amp is connected via an Ethernet cable. Ironically sonos support had me take it out and run it on WiFi!

I’ve tried rebooting the whole lot !

I am totally confused as to how a Sonos Amp and a non-Sonos amp fit into this setup.

Is the Amp (+ceiling speakers) really grouped with the Playbar, and not set up as surrounds?

Sorry if I’m being dumb.

My bad. You are not being dumb. I meant non sonos sub. Not amp. I’ve corrected it.