Losing Connection to Apple Music

• 16 December 2015
  • 48 replies

I was listening to some of Apple Music's radio stations and all of a sudden it stopped. Every time I hit the play button, I get a message saying "Unable to to play (insert radio station name)" - the connection to Apple Music was lost.

Diagnostic #: 5248190

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

48 replies

I am having the same problem. I have removed and readded Apple Music and reset my router without success. Diagnostics #6218659
I think they're having some sort of general problem very recently: https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/connection-to-apple-music-lost-6737136
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem. I have removed and readded Apple Music and reset my router without success. Diagnostics #6218659

Hi Jruch,

If you are still having playback issues with Apple Music on your Sonos system, I'd like to see a new diagnostic report. Could you please submit a new report and reply with the confirmation number?

Hi Jruch,

If you are still having playback issues with Apple Music on your Sonos system, I'd like to see a new diagnostic report. Could you please submit a new report and reply with the confirmation number?

Can you take a look at my diagnostics 6338511 & 6338519. I have issues playings Apple Music and Pandora but it seems to mostly be an issue with Apple Music. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Jruch,

Can you take a look at my diagnostics 6338511 & 6338519. I have issues playings Apple Music and Pandora but it seems to mostly be an issue with Apple Music. Thanks

Hi Johndong888,

There's some wireless interference from nearby networks causing your Sonos unit to lose communication with your network. This is likely the reason your system is having trouble playing Apple Music and Pandora. Please try changing your home wireless network to channel 6 or 1. Also, it is recommended to keep your guest network on a different channel to avoid interference.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.
Hi @Jeff S

I wondered if you could take a look at my diagnostic #6354981. I recently moved from Spotify to Apple Music and almost immediately began noticing track skipping and pauses, even after power cycling the router and Sonos. If this ever happened on Spotify it was so rare that I don't remember so I'm led to believe it's specific to Apple Music.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @Jeff S

I wondered if you could take a look at my diagnostic #6354981. I recently moved from Spotify to Apple Music and almost immediately began noticing track skipping and pauses, even after power cycling the router and Sonos. If this ever happened on Spotify it was so rare that I don't remember so I'm led to believe it's specific to Apple Music.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers

Hi L-S,

There are some buffering errors showing up which are probably related to wireless signal interference. Try changing your router's wireless channel from 1, which is a bit crowded, to 6 or 11 and see if that helps. If not, please send in a new diagnostic report, reply with the number and I'll take another look.
Thanks Jeff. I've changed to channel 12 after using an android wifi scanner app to visually represent the local wifi neighbourhood. I've used Apple Music a little bit this morning and so far have not had a single drop out. Will come back to you if things go wrong again but so far so good! cheers 🙂
Hello, same issue pretty much. I have submitted diagnostic 6783246. Essentially my apple music is connected and can play the radio stations but when i try to play something from my own music library I get the following "Unable to add songs to the queue" or "Unable to connect to Apple Music" intermittantly. I have already removed and re-added my Apple Music account via my iphone to see if that helped, but still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Exactly the same problem here. Have used Apple Music and Sonos fine for a year and all of a sudden songs no longer play. Radio is fine but any playlists or albums don't work. I signed up to Spotify to see if that works and it does, perfectly. I've had my broadband supplier come visit 5 times but they can't fix it. It must be Apple Music not working properly with Sonos but no one seems to know how to fix it.

Diagnostic 6801092
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello, same issue pretty much. I have submitted diagnostic 6783246. Essentially my apple music is connected and can play the radio stations but when i try to play something from my own music library I get the following "Unable to add songs to the queue" or "Unable to connect to Apple Music" intermittantly. I have already removed and re-added my Apple Music account via my iphone to see if that helped, but still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Jonarnott, I've reviewed your diagnostic and found a couple DNS errors. Is your system still experiencing the same issues with Apple Music?
If yes, the best would be to contact our customer care team by phone a Sonos agent will be able to offer you live troubleshooting and remotely connect to your system.

Exactly the same problem here. Have used Apple Music and Sonos fine for a year and all of a sudden songs no longer play. Radio is fine but any playlists or albums don't work. I signed up to Spotify to see if that works and it does, perfectly. I've had my broadband supplier come visit 5 times but they can't fix it. It must be Apple Music not working properly with Sonos but no one seems to know how to fix it.

Diagnostic 6801092

Hi James, I see you're in contact with our customer care team already via ticket: 161202-001255. The best would be to continue with them.
Let us know how it goes.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm having the same problem with Apple Music, diagnostic 6947811.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I'm having the same problem with Apple Music, diagnostic 6947811.

Hi gobears81, sorry for the late reply to your post. We had some issues with Apple Music around New Year which we believe are now resolved. Can you let us know if you are still experiencing these problems?
I am having the same problem. I have not moved my Play 3 location and suddenly I started having issues a week ago. Diagnostic No. 7043096
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Juan. Welcome to the community. You appear to be using multiple access points on a wireless system. This is not compatible. Please refer to this article for more information.
I am also having issues with Apple Music for the last 3 months. Tracks stop playing, says they are encoded incorrectly, or just unable to play. Happens intermittently.

My diagnostic is 7235058

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am also having issues with Apple Music for the last 3 months. Tracks stop playing, says they are encoded incorrectly, or just unable to play. Happens intermittently.

My diagnostic is 7235058

Thanks.

Hi cvgreen16,

It's not immediately clear from your diagnostic report why your system isn't playing Apple Music. I'd like to get you in touch with our phone team who can take a deeper look. Please give us a call and reference case number: 170411-001494. Our contact information can be found here.
Same here

Please help
Same here

Please help

Can i get help here please ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
tbargil7, please log into your router and change the operating channel to 1. Then switch off your speaker for 5 seconds. This should resolve it, if not, let us know.
I am having same problem, have changed channels etc. Loses connection. "an error occured while adding songs to queue - 1002" and Unable to play xx song, unable to connect to Apple Music. Diagnostic Ticket #7901039
I can stream Apple Music to my Sonos System without a problem. The minute I want to stream recently bought and downloaded music from Apple Music to my Sonos System I get a message „ connection to Apple Music has been lost“. While attempting playing my music the program also cycles through all the songs and brings up the message for each song. So: I can stream from Apple Music - Songs, radio stations etc but get an error message when wanting to play music that is on my phone, which I bought from Apple. I have done most of the remedial stuff suggested here- no change.
I am having the same problem. This is getting really frustrating. Diagnostic 8188541