Question

Lose connection with Play:1

• 16 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I have downloaded the SONOS app for my PC and it started up fine connecting to my Play:1 and I started to play a song on Spotify. However, when I later wanted to pause, the pause symbol on the app only briefly changed to play and the music continued. Now I cannot restore connection even though I have chosen the option to reset the connection.
I can still control the Play:1 from my phone as normal with no problems. Can the problem on the PC be because I in the meantime opened a VPN connection to my work? How to proceed?

Best, Lars

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @LarsRD and welcome to the Sonos Community!

We generally don’t support the use of VPNs with Sonos - the VPN is likely applying on communication with devices within your own network, and preventing you from controlling Sonos.

Depending on the options available with the VPN, the IT team at your work may be able/willing to enable split-tunneling on the VPN - this should stop the VPN from applying to internal traffic, and allow you to control Sonos from the PC.