Login Error - Sirius XM

I can log into my XM Sirius app on my phone, but when i try to place Sirius XM through Sonos, I get the error: "Login Error - Invalid User. Please contact Sirius XM Listener Care for assistance. I don't know how to get rid of this message and Sirius says contact Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Hi tobyf6, welcome to the community. Has Sirius XM ever worked correctly on your Sonos controller? We'd be happy to look at a diagnostic. Can you follow the steps here and let us know the number?
7409650. Thank you
Thanks, tobyf6. The report is showing errors connecting to the Sirius server. At this point, have you removed and re-added the music service on the Sonos application at this point? This can be done under Settings>My Services. Tap on the Sirius account and remove the service. Then re-add Sirius using "Add Music Services" under the main Sonos menu. After the service has be re-added, close any Sirius applications that may be running (on your phone, computer, or other device), and try to run the Sirius service in the Sonos application. Please let us know if the service connects.
I have the same issue. I've successfully used Sirius on my sonos controller for years. I also tried reinstalling Sirius. When I called Sirius they told me it was a Sonos issue. I called Sonos and was getting email updates that the issue was still being researched. That was a few weeks ago. I still cannot add Sirius. I ran a diagnostic today. 7836554.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same issues as the guys above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Jeets5102. Thanks for submitting the diagnostic. Based on the findings it seems the PLAY:1 is having a hard time maintaining a connection to the network. Do you experience this problem with other streaming services like Pandora?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Same issues as the guys above.

Hello, jairyhunter. Mind sending us a diagnostic report so we can have a closer look? Much appreciated. Here's a quick reminder how to submit. Remember to reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end.
I can’t access Sirius xm anymore. I deleted and tried re-adding the service but keep getting the message my Sirius account is closed. The account is not closed and I can log into the account on my computer and in my car.
I can not add SiriusXM to my player. I keep getting an error and it tells me to tune to a different channel.
To save a little time, I'd recommend to you that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. That will give them some immediate information about your system that they can look at. And probably best to do it within 10 minutes of attempting to delete and re-add Sirius XM to your app, so that the data is in the logs that are submitted.
Same here. Added a new Sonos speaker, and now I can't use Sirius, despite being able to log in via the Sirius app and online. Diagnostic code is 7915123.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, jeffdu4:

Thanks for the diagnostic report. I the system looks to be pretty well set up and I do not see any problems on any of the error logs. What happens when you try to add SiriusXM? According to this diagnostic, you currently do not have Sirius added to the system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I can’t access Sirius xm anymore. I deleted and tried re-adding the service but keep getting the message my Sirius account is closed. The account is not closed and I can log into the account on my computer and in my car.Hi there, vranderson: Thanks for reaching out. Logging into the account alone does not mean that it will necessarily work in Sonos. You need to have an active subscription for SiriusXM. Some newer cars have special free accounts and packages with them that do not allow for streaming to Sonos.

I can not add SiriusXM to my player. I keep getting an error and it tells me to tune to a different channel. Hey there, Thoughful_Bear. That is an error that doesn't normally come up when adding a music service. Would you mind sending in a diagnostic report so we can take a look at your Sonos system to see what is giving that error? Be sure to reply with the confirmation number at the end.
Thanks, I have an active paid account and it worked for a day on Sonos prior to my submission. Any suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, I have an active paid account and it worked for a day on Sonos prior to my submission. Any suggestions?Please submit a diagnostic report after attempting to add SiriusXM. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.
This happens every time Sonos does an upgrade. This is how I solved the problem just now. I removed XM from my Sonos account. Then I reset Sonos controller. Then I logged into my XM account via a computer. Once in my online account, I changed my password. I did it in 2 places. Under account info, i changed the password for the online account and also for the "additional internet radio" - for practical purposes i made them the same although I dont know if it matters. Make sure to note what your online username is at this time!! Then I logged off online and then added XM service via sonos. When it asks for username and password make sure to use the info from "additional internet radio" from your online account. It worked for me.
I’m also having the same issue with logging on to my existing SiriusXM account. Never had a problem before for the past 13 months, and then all of a sudden this morning the music stopped playing and the service won’t recognize my login. Tried removing and re-adding the service with no luck. Just ran a diagnostic as well - diagnostic number is 8017783.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I’m also having the same issue with logging on to my existing SiriusXM account. Never had a problem before for the past 13 months, and then all of a sudden this morning the music stopped playing and the service won’t recognize my login. Tried removing and re-adding the service with no luck. Just ran a diagnostic as well - diagnostic number is 8017783.Hi there. I understand this seems very rudimentary, but did you try logging into the SiriusXM website using those credentials? What is the exact error message you get when trying to add your SiriusXM account to Sonos? The diagnostic shows a SiriusXM account already associated to your Sonos system (dangolds18), are you trying to add a different account?
I’m also having the same issue with logging on to my existing SiriusXM account. Never had a problem before for the past 13 months, and then all of a sudden this morning the music stopped playing and the service won’t recognize my login. Tried removing and re-adding the service with no luck. Just ran a diagnostic as well - diagnostic number is 8017783.Hi there. I understand this seems very rudimentary, but did you try logging into the SiriusXM website using those credentials? What is the exact error message you get when trying to add your SiriusXM account to Sonos? The diagnostic shows a SiriusXM account already associated to your Sonos system (dangolds18), are you trying to add a different account?

Hi Keith. I did log in to the Sirius XM website with no issues and wanted to use the same login for the SONOS system. I kept getting the same error message: “Error: Your username is incorrect. Please try again.” This login had worked for over a year and all of a sudden stopped working yesterday on my SONOS system with no rhyme or reason.

After several failed attempts to reauthorize my account on the SONOS system, I followed the steps that jrubbo23 outlined above. After doing all of those steps in sequence, I was able to successfully add SiriusXM back into my SONOS system again and it’s been working ever since with no issues.
With the release of SonosOne, it looks like SiriusXM made some changes. I had to enable streaming at https://www.siriusxm.com/sonoswireless in order to get things to work again. Hope this helps.
Same problem here, 8209130
Follow what joshasbury posted. It works!
Same problem, only solution was to log on to Sirius account and reset passwords - same as joshasbury post. Great if Sonos folks got to the bottom of this one. I have been using my Sirius account on Sonos for 2+ years - first time this happened. My two cents - Something has changed, doesn't matter who is responsible - customer satisfaction should be important enough for both Sirius and Sonos to work together on this one...
Same issue here.
Deinstalled/Reinstalled
Sirius works on desktop, phone, car
Doesn't work on Sonos Desktop or iphone app
Error Message is consistent across both: Error - Your username or password is incorrect.
Submitted diagnostics to Sonos, confirmation #: 994153813
Thanks
I’m having the same issues. All my other apps are working fine on the sonos. Sirius works in my car and phone. Tried to uninstall and reinstall about a month ago. Tried again just not and still not working. Diagnostic 252827706