local NPR

• 22 June 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello,

since june 20th, I have been unable to play my local NPR station, 94.9 KUOW. I get a message that the song is not encoded. I reviewed several comments already that suggested I delete the station from my favorites. It didn’t help. Please advise...or fix the issue.

7 replies

We have the same issue. We usually use Radio by TuneIn. On that service, two days ago KUOW disappeared and initially, instead the link was broadcasting an NPR-affiliate from New York City!!! Now it is radio-silent, so to speak. Now, KUOW2 (KYFQ) is also non-responsive.
We disconnected every Wi-Fi in the home, thinking perhaps it was some weird addressing issue. Nope. Every device works, addressing is fine and all other radio stations on TuneIn appear to work.
Our work-around is that we subscribe to Apple Music and they also have a link to KUOW - it works perfectly. This is unlikely to be a Sonos issue - it is a screwup at TuneIn. We should both send them notes.

Also, on tunein.com the KUOW link is also broken.

https://tunein.com/radio/KUOW-FM-949-s35932/
Hi,

I’m glad to know I’m not the only person having an issue with KUOW! I subscribe to Apple Music and will use that to stream. Thanks!
Also, Jenn - I got an incredibly rapid reply from TuneIn. Their stream from KUOW is currently unreliable and they don't know why. They believe it's a universal problem with KUOW -- but my Apple Music says otherwise. I'll send a note to KUOW in case it's an issue on their end with their communication to TuneIn.

Cheers!

Ted
I asked Alexa to play it on my Sonos system and she found it on iHeartRadio. I added it to my Sonos favorites and removed the TuneIn version. Listening to it now.
Same issue here
The previous poster was able to play it on iHeart radio. I'd try installing that "plug in" on your Sonos, and see if it works for you as well.
The previous poster was able to play it on iHeart radio. I'd try installing that "plug in" on your Sonos, and see if it works for you as well.

That worked. Thank you!!