Answered

line in volume low in other rooms

• 6 February 2022
  • 8 replies

I’ve set up my Rega P2 to the pre-amp then into the connect then into the technics Amp in the mini system to power the speakers. Is this sequence correct ?

I have really low volume out of all my other Play and Play 1 units. 

And have to have the volume on the app set to max to get decent volume out of the speakers without turning the amp to high volume levels and getting speaker hiss. 

Line in is set to ‘source level 10’, line out to ‘Variable’, Audio delay to ‘Low’

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 6 February 2022, 21:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

What type cartridge are you using with the Rega? Is it Moving Magnet (MM) or Moving Coil (MC)? The pre-amp must be set to match either MM or MC. 

It’s a moving magnet cartridge. All worked fine straight into the Amp before I added the Connect to it. Do you mean that it might need changing now I’ve added in the Connect

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect the Connect’s RCA line in to RCA record out or RCA line out on your amp and return to your original setup for the Rega.

Will give it a go. So turntable into pre-amp into RCA in on the amp as it used to be. Then take the RCA out from the Amp into the RCA in on the Connect ?

Userlevel 7

Will give it a go. So turntable into pre-amp into RCA in on the amp as it used to be. Then take the RCA out from the Amp into the RCA in on the Connect ?

That is correct. Let us know the outcome.

Yay ! 

OK so….. turntable into preamp, preamp into connect, connect out and into hi-fi amp. 

Source level High

Audio delay on max. 

working through hi-fi and all other Sonos speakers, including via a second Sonos connected to another amp that drives 6 ceiling speakers and a subwoofer in the kitchen. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

:) 

Userlevel 7

Yay ! 

OK so….. turntable into preamp, preamp into connect, connect out and into hi-fi amp. 

Source level High

Audio delay on max. 

working through hi-fi and all other Sonos speakers, including via a second Sonos connected to another amp that drives 6 ceiling speakers and a subwoofer in the kitchen. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

:) 

Glad that you got everything to work. However, from your description it looks like you went back to the connections that you previously indicated were not working? That’s fine as long as everything is to your liking.

BTW…it must have been a slip in your description but the Sonos device driving the in-ceiling speakers is correctly referred to as a Connect:Amp. 😊 It was a common mistake when Sonos used similar branding for two different products that were visually similar front-on until one viewed the connections in the rear. 

Once again…enjoy your Sonos!!

Yep. No idea what I did that was different this time, but it works :)

The descriptor should be “another Connect, wired to an amp that drives 6 ceiling speakers…”

Thanks again for the advice and support

P