Question

Line In - Play5

• 5 February 2017
  • 3 replies

Good morning,
I would like to know if I can use Spotify (no premium) and YouTube if I connect my iPhone trough line In and without internet connection (I.e.: if I bring play 5 in garden).
I mean, if I connect my iPhone with line in, can I use the play5 to riproduce what I'm listening with iPhone?
Thanks,
Massimo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes you can. You need to enable Autoplay on the Play:5 before you disconnect it from your network. Then anything you could listen to on the phone can be played through the speaker.
Thanks very much for your feedback; based on that I can use play 5 as speaker for my iPhone for everything even if it is disconnect from network (YouTube, Spotify no premium).
To be honest I didn't understand this possibility and it is also not mentioned on the guides that can be downloaded from Sonos internet site. While other brand like Bose explain very well this possibility by Bluetooth. I'm not an expert therefore I apologize if I said something wrong.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/~/using-line-in-on-sonos
For Sonos this is very much a subsidiary feature, so not something they mention much in marketing. It is not possible with all the speakers in the Sonos range.

You could use a Bluetooth receiver in the line in to go wireless.

Your question seemed clear to me.