Answered

Line-In on Sonos Amp disabled - Troubleshooting steps haven't worked

• 18 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a Sonos Amp connected to a Preamp.  The Preamp has a turntable and a CD player.

I link the Sonos Amp to different speakers around my house (a paired set of Play 5s + Sub, and two Beams)

I have been unable to play music from these sources because the Line-In is not working.  In the app I get a message saying “Line-In has been disabled on this Sonos system”. However, I have not disabled anything.  My set up was working flawlessly yesterday and I haven’t faced this problem before.

I rebooted my router and the Amp, jointly and separately, in different orders. I’ve also checked the Line-In connections.  Nothing appears to work.

I requested a diagnostic report. The confirmation number is 2146337480.

Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by James L. 21 May 2021, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Badge +20

A CD player does not need a Preamp to be connected to the Line in on the Sonos Amp as it’s already at line level, disconnect the CD player and try with just the turntable after powering everything off for a minute.

EDIT a traditional “separates” preamp may actually have a phono stage for just the turntable but a phono preamp would probably amplify everything connected.

Badge

thanks Belly M, that is true.  My preamp has several inputs, that’s the reason for having a CD player.  Therefore, that should be a source of trouble (I’ve had this setup for a year and it hasn’t posed any problem). However, I will follow your suggestions to see what happens. Best, D

Badge +20

Please clarify that you have not accidentally added the amp into a home theatre group and you are not on the Sonos beta?

Edit check you are on the latest firmware 13.1

Badge

Thanks Belly. I’ve updated the firmware.  I will reset the Amp and see what happens. I’ll let you know how it goes.  

Badge +17

Hi @dquirozrendon,

We’re aware of a minor bug where if the Sonos app updates to the latest version (13.1) but your players are still on an older version, then the app will tell you that Line In is disabled. Updating your players should have resolved this. Please let me know if updating your system doesn’t resolve this issue.

Same issue. Awful. I feel bad for people who are not tech savvy enough to find threads like this explaining how to remedy this.

Badge

Hi, I updated the app and reset the Amp.

I was also missing putting the Line In input from the app. Go.tonthe music note below, scroll and go to Lines In.  You should be all set.

Best and good luck!

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately none of these steps are working for me.

1. Have updated all system components - everything at home is now on 13.1
  2. Disconnected the Amp from the network, reset it, selected “Stereo” (and not Home Theatre) when adding it back - it never was in the first place, but I did it again
  3. I only have passive speakers and a Sonos Sub connected to the Amp

However, I’m still getting the “Line-in is disabled for this system” message