Answered

Line in not working on all speakers

Hi Guys

I'm quite a new Sonos user, we have two sonos ply 1's in separate rooms and a connect amp with a boost plugged into the router. Boost is new today because the kitchen one wasn't getting picked up, after much messing about everything seem to be working apart from the line in will not play on the kitchen play 1? it plays ok on the connect amp and bedroom just fine, any help would be appreciated.
Diagnostic no : 830512282
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 February 2019, 18:26

sillymukka wrote:

Hi Guys

I'm quite a new Sonos user, we have two sonos ply 1's in separate rooms and a connect amp with a boost plugged into the router. Boost is new today because the kitchen one wasn't getting picked up, after much messing about everything seem to be working apart from the line in will not play on the kitchen play 1? it plays ok on the connect amp and bedroom just fine, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi sillymukka,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. I see that your Boost is having a hard time communicating with your speakers. I see that there is quite a bit of wireless interference, which could explain the issue. How close if your Boost to your router? We recommend keeping a couple feet in between them to reduce interference between the wireless signals.

If may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

Try those steps, then send along a new diagnostic report if any issues continue.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
sillymukka wrote:

Hi Guys

Thanks.

Hi sillymukka,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. I see that your Boost is having a hard time communicating with your speakers. I see that there is quite a bit of wireless interference, which could explain the issue. How close if your Boost to your router? We recommend keeping a couple feet in between them to reduce interference between the wireless signals.

If may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

Try those steps, then send along a new diagnostic report if any issues continue.
Thanks for your help, I did all those things and everything seemed good for a few days, but Ironically I got back from work and only the kitchen speaker is being picked up? I've tried turning the speakers off and also adding them again but no joy.
Thanks in advance.
Diagnostic no: 1485857520
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
sillymukka wrote:

Thanks for your help, I did all those things and everything seemed good for a few days, but Ironically I got back from work and only the kitchen speaker is being picked up? I've tried turning the speakers off and also adding them again but no joy.
Thanks in advance.
Diagnostic no: 1485857520

In this report it shows that your kitchen speaker is connecting to your home wireless network not your Boost. This normally wouldn't happen if your Boost was still connected to your router. Please check to make sure your Boost is still wired into your router.
Speaking from personal experience here, that may mean trying a different ethernet cable :)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings