Answered

Line in audio problems

• 3 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a Play 5 with line in connected to my turntable and it sounds superb. The problem arises when I try to listen to the vinyl in other rooms.

For example, the play 5 is in my conservatory where I tend to listen to records most of the time, but when I want to connect to the Play 3 in the Kitchen, the playback drops regularly, but only on the kitchen speaker not the 5 in the adjoining room..?

Why does line in work perfectly through the 5, but poorly through the other  speakers in my set up..?

TIA,

Jonathan

icon

Best answer by ratty 3 September 2021, 12:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Network packet loss due to wireless issues. Try increasing the audio delay setting in Settings/System/<room>/Line-In/Audio Delay.

Badge +1

Thanks, I’ll give that a go :thumbsup:

Badge +1

Thanks Ratty that seems to have done the job 👍

That setting increases the buffer depth, so Line-In is less likely to drop out if there are transient data delays.

Also check Settings/System/Audio Compression. If you can get away with Uncompressed so much the better quality-wise as it’s lossless. Compressed is lossy. Automatic (the default) chooses between the two based on network conditions.