Question

Library not available

• 20 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi, I would like to add my Itunes library to the Sonos player on my Macbook, but I get the following error:

'//Lou-3/Music3' is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed.
Go to Manage > Music Library Settings to check the path name.'

submitted a diagnostics: #6767394.

At the Music Library settings there is no path to the music files. The path hasn't been changed as the files are just on my harddisk. Can someone from Sonos help me with this problem. I've looked at other suggested solutions like, uninstalling the Sonos app, adjusting the sharing settings in Itunes.

Cheers, Louis

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I would like to add my Itunes library to the Sonos player on my Macbook, but I get the following error:

'//Lou-3/Music3' is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed.
Go to Manage > Music Library Settings to check the path name.'

submitted a diagnostics: #6767394.

At the Music Library settings there is no path to the music files. The path hasn't been changed as the files are just on my harddisk. Can someone from Sonos help me with this problem. I've looked at other suggested solutions like, uninstalling the Sonos app, adjusting the sharing settings in Itunes.

Cheers, Louis

Hi Louis,

It looks like there's an issue with your computer's name. Your computer's name shows up as "Lou" but when Sonos reaches out to your router to find your computer, it receives "Lou-3" as the name. Please try the steps in this guide to get the music share working again.