Question

Library doesn't appear until we update it

• 26 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Lately, the library keeps disappearing. But if I choose to update the library (Manage->Update Music Library) the library reappears. Is there any bug? I've checked and there are no updates pending to be loaded in my system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi vgalaron,

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

Just to clarify, when you say the library is disappearing; is it that the music in the library is unable to be played or is there no library at all on your controller?

Could you let me know where the library is stored (iTunes, NAS drive, external drive, etc.)?
The library exists but doesn't appear in the controller.
We have the library stored in a NAS
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for the update vgalaron.

If the NAS drive is going to sleep, it will cause Sonos to lose the path of the NAS drive. I would recommend setting the NAS drive so that it does not go to sleep.

When Sonos is unable to find the music on the NAS drive, is your computer able to access the files on the drive?
We haven't changed the settings in the NAS, so I don't think that's the issue. Also the files are available in the computer if I look for them.
Badge +1
Hello vgalaron. When the music library disappears, is it that the menu option that says "Music library" disappears or you see Music library and no content is available under it?