Answered

LG remote not connecting to Remote Control Setup

• 26 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have recently bought Sonos 5.1 surround system and have connected the devices successfully.

However, I am unable to perform the Remote Control Setup step with my LG TV. The model number of the TV is OLED55C6T. The remote control model is LG AKB74935301(http://www.lg.com/au/images/TV/features/16-OLED-Magic-Remote-B6-C6.jpg).

I have been following the instructions carefully and reconnected and re tuned the entire home theatre system twice but still no luck.

Having all the control on the phone is very handy, however there are times where your phone might not be with you and being able to control with the remote would be very helpful.

Any advise would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 28 September 2017, 00:19

Hello Pavelm:

Welcome to the Community.

The LG Magic Remote (by default) emits a radio frequency to control your TV rather than using traditional IR signals. Did you happen to check out this article on how to configure the LG Magic Remote with PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE? This will walk you through changing the remote to be able to be ready by the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE.

If you have done this already, please tell us where in the process are you hitting any problems. I'd be happy to dig deeper into what's going on.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello Pavelm:

Welcome to the Community.

The LG Magic Remote (by default) emits a radio frequency to control your TV rather than using traditional IR signals. Did you happen to check out this article on how to configure the LG Magic Remote with PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE? This will walk you through changing the remote to be able to be ready by the PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE.

If you have done this already, please tell us where in the process are you hitting any problems. I'd be happy to dig deeper into what's going on.
Hi,

The steps worked like magic. Was having trouble figuring out the device controller menu initially.

Thanks heaps for the help.
Thanks guys, I was having trouble before i read the above . I found the manufacturer selection (Panasonic) worked best, By selecting Sony it would not allow me to configure the Mute Button.. very strange.. Still all working now
Thank you! Was struggling till I read this. Selecting Bose worked for me!
Thank you. This was very valuable. I got my LG OLED tv remote volume control working perfectly with Sonos Playbar.