LG OLED dolby surround sound

Hello, I have purchased an LG OLED C8 and paired up with my Playbar, sub and 2 play 5's - however, connection to Playbar is 'stereo' not 'dolby' as the tv supports, play 5's are barely audible - any ideas how to help please?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 27 November 2018, 23:17

Hi LeeJackson

I have a LG OLED C8 also...lucky us :8

Make sure that Dolby Surround is turned off

Here's are the sound settings...you want DD out

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
First - to get surround outputting much at all you need to get Dolby input into the playbar. Have you made sure your TV is set to output Dolby Digital (probably a setting in your audio settings of TV). Then the rears will get some surround but some channels don't broadcast much to rears (or broadcast in stereo).

However, in Sonos room settings..advanced audio settings be sure to set the surrounds to FULL Mode. When in full mode when you listen to sonos via apps the rear Play:5s will be full stereo and sound terrific for music.

When watching your TV (no matter even if set to full) the surrounds (Play:5s) are only going to put out the limited rear info per what broadcast is sending out. Music is different story and full mode will make them a full stereo pair.
thanks Chris, thought so, music does sound great though
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Hi LeeJackson

I have a LG OLED C8 also...lucky us :8

Make sure that Dolby Surround is turned off

Here's are the sound settings...you want DD out

Brilliant Aj, sounds much better
Hi I am thinking of purchasing the LG oled c8 have you had any problem with lip sync
My set up would be the same as yours with the accepting I have a play base . At the moment I have a LG tv about 5 years old . When I go into my About my Sonos it says speakers and play base is stereo. Does yours say 5.1 with the new LG
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Ian J wrote:

Hi I am thinking of purchasing the LG oled c8 have you had any problem with lip sync

No problems with lip sync. I’m Using a Playbar.

Cheers!
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Ian J wrote:

My set up would be the same as yours with the accepting I have a play base . At the moment I have a LG tv about 5 years old . When I go into my About my Sonos it says speakers and play base is stereo. Does yours say 5.1 with the new LG

I’m using a Playbar. Output with LG OLED C8 is DD5.1

Cheers!
No problem with lip sync, although only had it a couple of days. Playbar output is Stereo
So you can’t get 5.1
It now says Dolby digital 2.0, not sure how to get 5.1. I have an LG OLED C8, any ideas?
Hi lee could you do me a favour . I am think of purchasing the C8 online . The stand looks quite wide. I have a play base could you measure the stand
I think it might be too wide for the play base Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Ian J wrote:

Hi lee could you do me a favour . I am think of purchasing the C8 online . The stand looks quite wide. I have a play base could you measure the stand
I think it might be too wide for the play base Thanks

The stand is 40 in / 101.6 cm in length. I mounted mine on a stand like this:

https://www.displays2go.com/P-33906/TV-Stand-Mount-70-Inch-TV-Integrated-Cable-Management?st=Class&sid=1085.
Stand is 40in wide, as wide as the tv.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
The LG OLED C8 55” is 48 inches wide. The stand is 40 inches. That’s a moot point as either is wider than the Playbase. However that doesn’t mean the set can’t be centered and balance on the Playbase. That’s about a 5 in overhang (for the stand) on either side (L/R). Not suggesting you mount the set in that manner... just providing the information so you can decide.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
That stand is a great idea, saves drilling holes in the wall and hiding all the cables, and you could tuck it under the rear of a cabinet to hide it away.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings