LG OLED C8 not connecting to Sonos due to “device interference”

• 6 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve had my Sonos Arc connected to the LG OLED c8 tv since I’ve owned the arc (about 6 months)

For no reason, today it will no longer connect. 

The error message reads: A device is interfering with the HDMI connection. Disconnect any other home theater products, then try again.

I’ve messed with all the settings. I’ve tried the good old unplug and wait and re-plug it in trick. I’ve tried turning off CEC and turning it back on. I’ve tried switching out HDMI cables. Nothing is working 😓

It’s frustrating as there was no rhyme or reason why it stopped working. All of the devices are up to date as far as updates to.

The sonos plays music amazing on its own, the tv works great with internal speakers, I just can’t get them to sync up together again. 

anyone??! Help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging your TV and Arc from power for about a minute and disconnect all devices, including the Arc, from the TV. After you plug the TV and Arc back into power, run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and don’t connect the Arc to the TV until the app instructs you to. If you get the same error message, disconnect the Arc from the TV and reconnect it.