LG OLED C1 + Sonos Beam

Hi everyone.

I have an issue each time when I turn on my TV, because I lost the sound. The Sonos beam is connected to HDMI 2 (eARC/ARC) port, however It seems the TV doesn’t recognize the system. Simplelink on the TV is On and in the Sonos app TV Autoplay is On.

The only way to solve this problem now is activate eARC compatibility, TV automatically move audio settings to internal speakers, and then I need to change again audio settings to HDMI and deactivate eARC compatibility in order to beam works.

Its important to say the sonos app doesn’t recognize that beam is connected to an HDMI ARC port.

Have anyone the same problem and found a solution?

24 replies

Userlevel 7

1. Disconnect the Beam and all other external devices from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for about a minute.

2. Plug the TV and Beam back into power but keep everything disconnected.

3. Turn on the TV and make sure Simplink is enabled.

4. Disable eARC on your TV. 

5. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and connect the Beam to the TV when the app instructs you to.

6. After the TV Setup process is complete, connect all other external devices to the TV.

1. Disconnect the Beam and all other external devices from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for about a minute.

2. Plug the TV and Beam back into power but keep everything disconnected.

3. Turn on the TV and make sure Simplink is enabled.

4. Disable eARC on your TV. 

5. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and connect the Beam to the TV when the app instructs you to.

6. After the TV Setup process is complete, connect all other external devices to the TV.

Yeah, I tried to do like you say, but didn’t work. The TV setup on sonos app doesn’t recognize the HDMI ARC port.

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other devices connected to your TV?

Do you have any other devices connected to your TV?

Nope, I disconnected everything and left only the Beam.

Userlevel 7

Is there any difference if you have eARC enabled during the setup process? Do you have another HDMI cable you could use?

Is there any difference if you have eARC enabled during the setup process? Do you have another HDMI cable you could use?

I tried now and didn’t work too with de eARC, in that setting audio is muted. I only have the original Beam cable, but in my old TV (LG OLED B8) works properly.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

What is HDMI Input Audio Format and Digital Sound Output set to? What options do you have for each setting?

Is there an Auto Power Sync setting and Auto Device Detection setting? Set the former to OFF and the latter to ON.

Any update on this? I’m having the same issue with the lg c1 and beam

Any update on this? I’m having the same issue with the lg c1 and beam

Not yet :(

Did you open a support ticket with lg or Sonos?

I know it’s this tv…. I just came from a Sony A8H cause the panel broke on that tv. I have the beam and the 3rd gen sub. I really hope I don’t have to take this tv back….. we can’t be the only 2 people having this problem.

It would be LG that you should open the ticket with. Sonos has no insight on rewriting the LG software so it works properly.

Badge

How magically is the LG “magic” remote? It won’t even work/configure easily to a Sonos Play bar (in my case) or the Beam in other’s cases.  

Hi all…

I've just received a sonos arc and I'm trying to connect to lg oled65c16la... but sonos doesn't recognize tv (I connected to hdmi arc 3) 

No audio from TV when I switch it to cable (hdmi)

As anyone connected sonos with lg oled c16?

How to let it work?

Thanks a lot

Isn’t the HDMI ARC on the port labeled 2, and not 3?

I have the same issue. It worked originally for the first day - then it stopped. Won’t unmute and Sonos app does not recognize connection. TV does though, on screen. But no sound :(

I have issue when i connect also sky q decoder  .

Without it works perfectly. With sky q connected I face the issue.

I have issue when i connect also sky q decoder  .

Without it works perfectly. With sky q connected I face the issue.

Did you chec/switch the Arc to the HDMI-eARC port, as mentioned by Bruce above? Also see this thread, which may help re. your SkyQ box:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/troubleshooting-sonos-on-wifi-6856334?postid=16520976#post16520976

I too have this issue on an LG OLED C1 77” with the Arc, the app refuses to complete TV setup and errors with “TV Speakers Not Connected”. What a waste of money, and the it’s up to LG is bs, it’s also up to Sonos. Sonos should be in contact with LG to fix this. They sell it as an accessory to TVs without a warning that it doesn’t work with LG, thanks, k, bye. Get it together Sonos and fix this ASAP!

Yup - big problems here too with Arc and LG C Series OLED - despite spending HOURS in these forums hunting down “fixes”. Every fix is based on some compromise that defeats the reason for buying Sonos gear. 

Since I can see here that this issue has been going on for more than a year I’m returning the Arc as it’s far simpler to return and find another Atmos enabled Sound bar then return a 65 inch TV

Potential customers should be warned away from this combo - either get a Sonos and avoid LG, or avoid Sonos if you have an LG.  

had a similar issue intially with LG C1 65” and Arc. Swapped HDMI ports and messed about with the sound settings and got it to connect. Can’t remember the steps exactly but got it to work after a few mins messing about with the menus.

Hi everyone. I have an LG OLED48 C1 and a new Sonos Beam Gen 2 arriving tomorrow! I have just come across this thread and now feel nervous that I have made the wrong investment with the Sonos Beam… has anyone managed to get this combination working? Or should I just cut my losses and cancel the order?

Best wishes.

I fixed it for mine. 

I did all the above and did not work.

I just went into the app and turned on TV autoplay. 

Resolved today:

- Go to LG TV settings

- Sound - advanced settings - Match screen & sound - Select device delay

- Increase delay to 2 or 3

it should sync. I have a C1 and it worked with Gen 2 Beam.

Resolved today:

- Go to LG TV settings

- Sound - advanced settings - Match screen & sound - Select device delay

- Increase delay to 2 or 3

it should sync. I have a C1 and it worked with Gen 2 Beam.

I tried above steps and would only connect a few seconds or in some situations connected longer but no sound through BT ear buds, LG C1, Gen 2 Beam. Tried Arc and also BT device connection sound output selections.