Answered

LG Magic Remote (LG OLED 4k C7) + Playbase

• 19 March 2018
  • 6 replies

I'm having issues to control the playbase with my LG Magic Remote.
I've read a lot of solutions and tried many of them but I get stock because I do not have Universal Controller option.

I tried to change the location and even the country (Germany, France, US, United Kingdom) to get the universal controller option on Device Connector.

I have the last version of WEB OS on LG OLED 4k C7 and last verison on playbar.

I found a workaround, is to use the remote control of the Apple TV 4k for the playbar volume.

Is any one here as the same setup and would like to share his solution ?

Thanks in advance,

Raph
icon

Best answer by Edward R 23 March 2018, 10:59

Hi there, Viva80. Firstly, I am unsure as to whether you have tried the steps outlined in this article. If you have, please let me know and I will look into the issue further with you.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Viva80. Firstly, I am unsure as to whether you have tried the steps outlined in this article. If you have, please let me know and I will look into the issue further with you.
Userlevel 2
Hi. I have the LG C8 OLED TV with a Playbase. The LG Universal Controller can be setup using Philips 4 and Pioneer 2 selected from what I have tried so far. Once successfully programmed, when adjusted the volume using the remote the volume only changes up (or down) very very slowly. Actually so slowly its really annoying and better to just adjust the volume using the buttons directly on the palybase. Does anyone know if there is a better option to programme to improve this issue?? thanks
Hi. I have the LG C8 OLED TV with a Playbase. The LG Universal Controller can be setup using Philips 4 and Pioneer 2 selected from what I have tried so far. Once successfully programmed, when adjusted the volume using the remote the volume only changes up (or down) very very slowly. Actually so slowly its really annoying and better to just adjust the volume using the buttons directly on the palybase. Does anyone know if there is a better option to programme to improve this issue?? thanks

I have a C8 as well, but when setting up the sound bar, I don't get the option to choose the manufacturer. After I pick optical, I only get a 'Done' button instead of 'Next'. How did you manage to choose Philips or Pioneer?
Userlevel 2
Hello. I have the same problem. I cannot choose the manufacturer of my device. Does anyone have a solution other than using a 2nd remote for the sound volume? Thanks
I too am experiencing the slow volume change issue. I have an LG 65UK77 with magic remote and Sonos Playbase. I followed the setup instructions using the Phillips codes. Volume changes when pressing the up/down volume buttons are so slow that it isn't worth the hassle. Any update on this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. If you are having trouble selecting an equipment manufacturer on the TV, ensure the TV is fully updated. Otherwise, the link Edward posted should work.

Note: If you’re still not able to control your PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE with the LG Magic Remote, try disabling SIMPLINK for the Optical connection under Settings > Sound > Sound Out.