Legacy Sonos products stopped working?

• 22 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, late last week my sonos play 1, 3 and 5 (all legacy models) just stopped working one night. Woke up and they were no longer listed as devices on the app. Have tried re-adding them, they don’t seem to be able to connect to my wifi network (password is correct but the error I get says it’s not) and then I’ve tried adding them as wired devices. This seems to work, however I then have to move to their room which involves unplugging them and then they disappear from the setup. Vicious cycle! Seems suspicious they all stopped at the same time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Play:1 and Play:3 aren’t legacy poducts. Submit a diagnostic and reply here with the confirmation number; a technician will get back to you.

Ok, 1435791451. All three the oldest models in my set up and I have two of the newer play 1s so assumed this one was legacy. The two newer play 1s work fine, as does the play at and sub

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @gillrobert81.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

I suggest connecting one device to the router again in the meantime.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

The reason behind this that your speakers suddenly not connecting is they are not getting a good signal that's why we just need to restart them once 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Is there a Sonos Bridge involved? Their power supplies can fail with age, leaving the system cut off. 

Hey, that seems to have worked, thank you! I had tried rebooting the router previously as well but obviously it’s the combination of unplugging all the speakers and the router.

ratty - no bridge involved

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @gillrobert81.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Glad it works.

Chears.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.