Answered

Left Beta - Error code 9 on update

• 1 December 2016
  • 14 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

I've just left the Beta and My Play 1 now needs an update to downgrade, but when I try and update it fails with Error code 9.

I've removed the Sonos app from my iPhone and reloaded it but this makes no difference. I've also tried an update via the Windows desktop app and this also fails.

Can anyone help with resolving the error?

Thanks

Leo
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 2 December 2016, 00:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

As with the other threads on this subject, the answer is that you must contact Sonos Support. They can facilitate the downgrade, but it requires private communication to keep your system registration email away from public view.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi,

I've just left the Beta and My Play 1 now needs an update to downgrade, but when I try and update it fails with Error code 9.

I've removed the Sonos app from my iPhone and reloaded it but this makes no difference. I've also tried an update via the Windows desktop app and this also fails.

Can anyone help with resolving the error?

Thanks

Leo

Hi Leo,

I can help out with this issue. I'll send you a direct message with some instructions.
I'm having the same issue after leaving the Beta program. Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same issue after leaving the Beta program. Please help.

HI RoPiVu,

I'm sending you a direct message with some instructions.
Hello. Same issue here. Left Beta and encountering this error as well. Would appreciate a message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello. Same issue here. Left Beta and encountering this error as well. Would appreciate a message.

Hi User723441,

I'm having the same issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same issue

Hi KeaauRich,

I've sent you a message with some instructions which should help.
Hi, in the same boat here. Can I get those same instructions please? Much appreciated
I left the beta too, same problem, can you send over instructions
I left beta too. I can't access advanced settings to hook up two play 1s to a new router - please help me someone, it is driving me crazy
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi madcaplaughs, Thegunshow, and MikeR84,

I'm sending you all private messages with some instructions.
Hi there. Tried downgrading - getting error 1101... help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there. Tried downgrading - getting error 1101... help!